WTS? my team is a MASH unit already...WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WTS? my team is a MASH unit already...WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

WTS? my team is a MASH unit already...WHIR!!

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 am

Ive got some pretty tough calls. Please let me know your rationale for your choices, thanks!

Need 2 RBs from:
Donald Brown @chi (will Indy be able to run the ball?)
Rashad Jennings @MInn (has been named week 1 starter but how many carries?)
MJD @Minn (not the starter but maybe some carries)
Ryan Mathews @Oak (just back from his injury, practicing but doesnt play until monday night so would be to late to scratch him if i wait)
Isaac Redman @ Denver (looks to be the starter but vs a tough defense.)

Need 3 WRs:
Dez Bryant @NYG
Deshawn Jackson @ Cle
Reggie Wayne @ chi
Meachem @ Oak
Titus Young vs St. Louis (plays the only home game on my whole roster, for what that's worth. i thought it was interesting)
Witten (still looks to be out for this week)

leave a link and i'll help you!
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WTS? my team is a MASH unit already...WHIR!!

Postby joegoody41 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for help on mine.

At RB, I don't think you can take a chance on Mathews or MJD this week, so I'd go with Jennings and Brown. I'm not high on Redman to begin with, and the matchup is poor for him this week.

At WR, I'd say definitely Bryant and Wayne, and then probably Jackson. If DET builds an early lead on STL, I'm not sure how many looks Young will get, and I'd prefer to see more from Meachem this year before starting him. Witten is unlikely to play, from what I understand.

Good luck!
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby rclement3915 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 am

At RB I'd go with:

Donald Brown and Jennings.

Browns starting and while in a tough matchup will get carries as well as be involved in the passing game as a receiver out of the backfield. While the matchups tough, he's capable of breaking a big run, screen or getting GL work.

Jennings is starting and should get 15+ carries and has looked good. Minnesota isn't a scary matchup at all and I could see Jennings turning out a solid 75+ yds rushing and a TD.

At WR: Dez, Djax and Meachem.

Dez is your top drafted WR and with Witten out, a must play.

Djax had a decent preseason and should be back to his 2010 form. Haden can't cover him and Maclin,so I like his chance at a big play or 2 after Maclin establishes himself as a possession receiver and RZ threat.

I'm going Meachem solely off a Gut feeling.Wayne's a heady veteran WR and should get targets from luck, but the Chicago matchups not very inticing. Meachem is now a WR2 in San Diego and Rivers has to throw the ball to someone. Oaklands a decent matchup, I can see rivers finding Meachem downfield for a big play or 2.

Help me out with my TE situation for week 1?
viewtopic.php?t=517620
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby utility-hook » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks for the help with mine

At RB, I agree with other posts. Brown and Jennings will get the most opportunities and I believe Jennings should have a great game against the Vikings. i dont see MJD getting enough carries to limit Jennings production. Redman may be the starter but Jonathan Dwyer will get a decent number of of chances that will lower Redman's output.

At WR I would go Bryant, DJax, and Wayne. i doubt Witten plays but even if he does I think he will be limited leaving more opportunities for Bryant. DJax will rebound from his poor season last year. He has looked good this preseason and I think it carries over into week 1 against the Browns. I dont give the Colts much of a chance against the Bears, but I think that favors Wayne. The Colts should get behind early and that means Luck will be throwing the ball more. From what i've seen in preseason, it looks like Luck & Wayne already have a good rapport with each other.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Return to Who to Start/Bench