how does this look? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

how does this look?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how does this look?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am

Okay guys this is my biggest money league. Five bills a year. One man keeper, ppr but the tight ends get two ppr. We also have slots of qb2/rb3 and wr3/te2. So basically a 2 Qb league. Here is my team..

QB- Eli Manning
RB- Arian Foster
RB- Jamal Charles
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- Maclin
TE- Jermichael Finley
QB2- Tony Romo
WR/TE- Dwayne Bowe
K-Henery
DST- Texans

Bench

Josh freeman
Cedric benson
Michael bush
Tate
Mendenhall
DHBey
Santana Moss
Joel Dressen
Heath miller

I thought I did pretty good. Everybody in this league is legit. No freebies in this one. I had kept foster and had seventh pick. In 2 Qb leagues if you don't have two good ones youre in trouble. I have Eli and Romo. Also two top ten rbs assuming Charles is going to be a pimp. Wr is my weakest spot but that's where I wanted it to be. Jordy, Bowe, and Maclin hardly terrible Imo. What do you guys think?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: how does this look?

Postby BoogieCuzions » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 pm

How many teams are in your league?

And you are right, your WR's are by far the weakest aspect of your team. Perhaps try to take a slight downgrade in RB talent and pick up a lesser RB but a better WR.
BoogieCuzions
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm

10 teams. But its a two Qb league. I could have had Julio or Fitz but id have flacco or something at qb2.....

Eli
Romo
Jordy

Will completely outscore

Eli
Flacco
Julio
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Devil Doc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I think I'd be more concerned about your RBs then I would your WRs. Maclin had a bad year last year, poor health on some crazy sickness that took forever to figure out, add in shortend camps, he just wasn't 100%. 1200 Yds and 8-10 TDs for him this year, he's way undervalued, I think he still produces even if Vick isn't on the field, the #1 WR on that team. Jordy Nelson is another upside guy, a lot of talks recently from Jennings about being unsure if he comes back next year as he is in a contract year. Turning 30 in October, no player purposly TRIES to "take it easy" unless your Randy moss, but he's going to look for a payday that probably won't come from GB. My point? Nelson emerged last year as a go to guy for Rodgers when Jennings went down with an injury. I think that trend continues again this year, and the changing of the guard in Green Bay's #1WR. Dwayne Bowe is not flashy, but he still puts up solid numbers, I don't think I'd be upset if he was my 3rd WR on my team.

Foster = Beast. Solid job securing Tate.

Charles is going to share carries this year with Hilis. As a Charles owner, I'm hoping for the Hillis of last year, and not the break out year he had in Denver. Otherwise I think Charles losses carries at the goal line, simliar to when he and Thomas Jones shared the load. If one of your other RBs start out hot, or a guy who falls in love with Mendy, maybe try and get Hillis as a safety blanket.

Overall, I like this team, you should get far into the playoffs.

I'm biased on Finley, think he's an overrated diva in a great offense. As a fan, hope he learns some humility and comes back down, if not he'll have a shortened carreer in Green Bay.

Please Rate Mine?
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Team looks pretty stacked to me. The 2 PPR for TE's is interesting. You might want to take advantage of that, because you can get an extra 5-10 points per week from a good TE over a good WR. Maybe look into trading a Dwayne Bowe type for an Antonio Gates or Jason Witten type of player?

Help? viewtopic.php?t=517794
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I agree with Nelson, Maclin, and Bowe as being completely fine. In order for me to get two of the top ten qbs I had to go Qb Qb with my first two picks. That's after the round of keepers. So its round four that I got Charles in. I understand he will split carries. They have talked about running the ball 700 times this year lol. If they even get close to that I will be more than okay.

The thing about Charles is he doesn't need 30 carries orngoal line work to be nasty. He averages over 6 ypc. Granted that was before the injury but I'm banking on him returning to that or close. I mean before he got hurt you could argue he was the best in the game. We shall see.

As far as Jermichael goes, yeah hes a diva. I'm just hoping he wants to prove he belongs up there in talks of Graham, gronk. I think hes got the talent. Just gotta see if hes got the want.

To the second responder about the tight ends. Yeah its hard getting the good ones cause they go fast. I wanted pettigrew but he went before me.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 pm

;-D
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Roster Ratings