10 Team Snake draft 1st Pick PPR-WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team Snake draft 1st Pick PPR-WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team Snake draft 1st Pick PPR-WHIR

Postby kuro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Please rate my roster and I'm more than willing to take advice on improving. Standard scoring 0.5PPR 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 2FLEX 1D 7BENCH No kickers

QB- A Rodgers
WR1- AJ Green
WR2- Mike Wallace
WR3- Jordy Nelson
RB1- Marshawn Lynch
RB2- Deangelo Wiiliams
TE- Fred Davis
WRT1- Beanie Wells
WRT2- Titus Young
Defense- Chicago

Bench:
QB-Ben Roethlisberger
WR- Doug Baldwin/Laurent Robinson
RB- Evan Royster/Delone Carter/Dexter McCluster
TE- Kyle Rudolph

While I think I'm solid obviously at QB and WR, my main concern is RB with 3 guys who are definitely injury prone. I would like to make a move in a minor trade to get Lynch's backup Robert Turbin. Is that a good move? Any advice would be much appreciated.
kuro
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 10 Team Snake draft 1st Pick PPR-WHIR

Postby sixer03fan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't love your roster, sorry to say. Obviously you can't wrong with Rodgers and those WR, but your RBs and overall lack of depth at any position is very oft-putting (off-putting? I suck at grammar). I don't see many options to dramatically improve your roster, because your lack of depth hurts your ability to trade one position for another.

I do have a few recommendations to potentially help you though. Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes:

1) I would try to package a WR/RB for another WR/RB, where you can upgrade at RB and take a slight downgrade at WR. Target teams that have an underrated but proven WR type, and that also have a low first round type RB that still helps with the 0.5 PPR... In a perfect world, you can offer like Jordy Nelson or Mike Wallace and Marshawn Lynch or DeAngelo Williams for Marques Colston and Matt Forte, or something like that. Keep in mind the 0.5 PPR when thinking of trades, it can be a difference maker for even trades.

2) There's no need for a backup TE. I would drop Rudolph and add depth at RB or WR.

3) This may sound blasphemous, but trading Rodgers may not be a bad option. But that is ONLY if you get Brady or Brees in return. The reality is that Rodgers is universally ranked higher than Brady or Brees, but they are all actually pretty much equal, and they are all much better than the other QBs. If you can package like Rodgers/DeAngelo for Brees or Brady and a RB better than DeAngelo you essentially upgrade at RB for nothing.

Good luck. Help? viewtopic.php?t=517794
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team Snake draft 1st Pick PPR-WHIR

Postby kuro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks for the advice..I'll see if I can perhaps trade one of a WR/RB for another with me taking a downgrade at WR while upgrading my RB. The thing is despite doing that, I'll still be in the same situation as far as lack of depth. This ended up being a deep league where a lot of RB's are being stashed so I'm pretty limit in that area (making trades).

While I'm willing to take a flier on some of the available free agents on waivers, it may be more of a wait and see for me to do any active trades. But I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks again.
kuro
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Roster Ratings