2012 DRAFT/PRESEASON consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

2012 DRAFT/PRESEASON consolidated

Moderators: Indibuck, Devil Doc, Football Moderators

How do you feel your team is doing?

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Going into week 6, most leagues and fantasy owners can pretty much figure out how the rest of the season may pan out for them, just curious on how everyone feels about their team at this point in the season.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: FTDL Hall of Records

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:28 pm

WEEK 5:

Highest Score:
The Brady's and McCoys - 172.82 Two weeks in a row now, great job!

LOWEST SCORE OF THE WEEK:
Slumpbusters must have went and visited Mr. Rodgers Neighboorhood this week...scoring a low 84.68

Sucks to be you: (The weekly award for barely getting beaten, huge injury loss, or combination of both):
The Show - losing by 5 points is tough, but having two guys in your starting line up put up goose eggs, sucks.

The Smack Down: (Weekly award for your arse being handed to you on a silver fantasy platter):
The Slumpbusters - Two hats this week...losing by 84 is never good.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

WEEK 6:

Highest Score:
Someone in the Hood must have shared the kool-aid, cause Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood explodes out of nowhere to get these honors, 196 points this week. (Enjoy while it lasts, because it probably won't)

Sooner Swag enjoys the low score of the week this week, but look on the bright side, you don't own the lowest points in a given week for the season! ;-D

Sucks to be you: (The weekly award for barely getting beaten, huge injury loss, or combination of both):
EDIT: With the points added, Bunheads actually WON his match up. So its only fitting that Week 6's "Sucks to be You Award" would have to go to Packer Smackers. Originally winning the match up, only for it to be snatched from you...that hurts bro.

The Smack Down: (Weekly award for your arse being handed to you on a silver fantasy platter):
Guriella Warfare - bye week certainly was the cause of this beatdown, losing by 84 to Slumpbusters.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: How do you feel your team is doing?

Postby Indibuck » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Disappointed so far yet cautiously optimistic.

I have been on the wrong end of some very close match-ups, and my division is the strongest in the league.

All that being said, I'm 6th in overall scoring despite being 2-4, and the playoffs are not (yet) out of reach.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 am

Indibuck wrote:Disappointed so far yet cautiously optimistic.

I have been on the wrong end of some very close match-ups, and my division is the strongest in the league.

All that being said, I'm 6th in overall scoring despite being 2-4, and the playoffs are not (yet) out of reach.

At 2-4, in our division, start planning for next year, Indi. :^

I like my team. I feel I've got some great starters this year, but precious little depth (as evidenced by winning the "I got smacked down" award last week) and almost no 23 year old starters to keep on the team for years.

This is my first dynasty, so it will be interesting to me to see what trades start getting thrown out there as we get closer to the NOV 19th trade deadline.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Devil Doc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 am

My team is really dependent on Rodgers, and the first 5 weeks showed how weak this team can really be unless he's performing like he did last year, and against the Texans. I was also really hoping CJno2K would bounce back in a big way, but that hasn't really paid off yet. At 2-4, I wouldn't say I'm completely out of it, but two more losses and Im toast.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dolfan19 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am

well, i thought I had one of the strongest teams coming into the year. clearly I was wrong. :-P still think I've got a solid group of players and can build for next year with some good picks.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:12 pm

I like my team so far. Fairly well balanced. A bit weak at QB but solid at RB, very solid at WR, decent at TE with Finley and Owen Daniels, and Chi D is working out nicely so far. The only loss was losing to the highest scoring team while being second in scoring I think.

I have to start Vick this week which should jinx the Eagles. ;-D :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 am

With no one playing in MNF I'm gonna be 5-2, pretty happy with how my team is performing! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am

WEEK7:

Highest Score:
Two weeks in a row Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood has secured the top scoring title, if this is a sign of things to come this team could play spoiler to some borderline playoff teams.

Technically DC Lumber Co. owns the low score of the week, but that was without a full line-up. If we were to exlude the lack of participation The Bunheads would get this award for week 7 with 86 points...bye weeks suck.

A big injury this week helps award Guerrilla Warfare with the "Suck to be You" award, losing MJD for an unknown amount of weeks. I think the big hit would have to be the fact he didn't draft Jennings, one of the top handcuffs in the league, probably only behind Ben Tate. He did however still manage to secure the win, so not a complete loss.

The Show was run over by the current run away truck Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, losing by 89 points this week. Vernon Davis' goose egg and TRich's injury surely didn't help this week. Had TRich actually been healthy, it may have been a bit closer.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League