2012 DRAFT/PRESEASON consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

2012 DRAFT/PRESEASON consolidated

Moderators: Indibuck, Devil Doc, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Check In

Postby Devil Doc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:42 pm

We have our 12th owner...Instinctive had a buddy that just took over a team in horse traders, and accepted the offer to play in this one. I'll get his SN in there as soon as I figure out what it is :-b
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rosters Thread

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

BloodBowl

QB: Andrew Luck - IND (3.01)
RB: Arian Foster - HOU (1.02)
RB: C.J. Spiller - BUF (4.12)
WR: Mike Wallace - PIT (2.12)
WR: Michael Crabtree - SF (5.01)
WR: Michael Floyd - ARI (6.12)
TE: Coby Fleener - IND (8.12)
RB/WR/TE: Ronnie Hillman - DEN (7.01)
K: Robbie Gould - CHI (30.12)
D/ST: San Francisco 49ers (17.07)

BENCH
Peyton Manning - QB, DEN (9.01)
Kendall Hunter - RB, SF (10.12)
Jared Cook - TE, TEN (11.01)
Daniel Thomas - RB, MIA (12.12)
Mohamed Sanu - WR, CIN (13.01)
Colin Kaepernick - QB, SF (14.12)
Taiwan Jones - RB, OAK (15.01)
Davone Bess - WR, MIA (16.12)
Keshawn Martin - WR, HOU (18.06)
Brandon Bolden - RB, NE (19.01)
Tony Moeaki - TE, KC (20.12)
Curtis Brinkley - RB, SD (21.01)
James Jones - WR, GB (22.12)
Tauren Poole - RB, CAR (23.01)
Donnie Avery - WR, IND (24.12)
Chris Owusu - WR, SF (25.01)
Luke Stocker - TE, TB (26.12)
Dallas Cowboys D/ST (27.01)
T.J. Yates - QB, HOU (28.12)
Ryan Lindley - QB, ARI (29.01)

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Re: Draft Date and Order

Postby Devil Doc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Here is a better explanation of the "Horse Race Method" also known as Kentucky Derby Selection..

Some leagues are now using these advanced methods of distributing draft picks and rounds in combination with something called "Kentucky Derby Selection", or KDS. What is that, you ask? Well, as you may have guessed, this process is modeled after the famous horse race by the same name. The Kentucky Derby holds a lottery before the big race to determine who gets the first pick of starting gates. Some horses prefer to start on the inside or the outside, and some in the middle. The point is, since each owner has their own personal preferences, the lottery does not automatically give the first horse the first starting gate - but rather the choice of any starting gate available. This follows for the second, third and fourth horses, and so on until all gates are filled.

"KDS" is named after the Kentucky Derby, but it is not alone in using the process. KDS is viewed in the world of horse racing as a fair and equitable way to give out starting gates. Practically every major horse race uses the same or similar process. Fantasy football leagues using KDS adopt the same principle - since not every owner would want to pick first, the winner of the KDS-style lottery gets to decide which draft slot he or she prefers for their fantasy draft. Each owner submits their list of draft slots (1-12) in the order of most to least desirable.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Devil Doc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 pm

I will say this...its going to have to be one of the two. I'd rather not get something thats too complicated.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

LEAGUE VOTE: Establishing Draft Order

Postby Devil Doc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Instinctive proposed the idea of being able to select where he'd like to draft, instead of it being completely random. I have no issues with this, but would like others to have a voice too.

Whatever the random generator spits out, the owner with the first pick could potentially select where he'd like to pick in the draft.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: League Talk

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Yeah, this is only my second start up dynasty - I much prefer taking over teams so that I can blame my poor performance on the previous owner! :-B :-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 am

Devil Doc wrote:Here is a better explanation of the "Horse Race Method" also known as Kentucky Derby Selection..

Some leagues are now using these advanced methods of distributing draft picks and rounds in combination with something called "Kentucky Derby Selection", or KDS. What is that, you ask? Well, as you may have guessed, this process is modeled after the famous horse race by the same name. The Kentucky Derby holds a lottery before the big race to determine who gets the first pick of starting gates. Some horses prefer to start on the inside or the outside, and some in the middle. The point is, since each owner has their own personal preferences, the lottery does not automatically give the first horse the first starting gate - but rather the choice of any starting gate available. This follows for the second, third and fourth horses, and so on until all gates are filled.

"KDS" is named after the Kentucky Derby, but it is not alone in using the process. KDS is viewed in the world of horse racing as a fair and equitable way to give out starting gates. Practically every major horse race uses the same or similar process. Fantasy football leagues using KDS adopt the same principle - since not every owner would want to pick first, the winner of the KDS-style lottery gets to decide which draft slot he or she prefers for their fantasy draft. Each owner submits their list of draft slots (1-12) in the order of most to least desirable.

I've never tried it, but it sounds like a fair and equitable way to do it, especially for a startup draft. I would be willing to give it a shot.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 am

I'm game for almost anything as long as it doesn't take too long - with 30 rounds we need to get started pretty soon!
stomperrob

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 am

stomperrob wrote:I'm game for almost anything as long as it doesn't take too long - with 30 rounds we need to get started pretty soon!

I've sent a PM out to everyone that included a link to here, and fleaflicker. The sooner they get in the sooner we get started.

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: FTDL Hall of Records

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 am

For the league winner, the coveted Toilet Bowl:

;-) :-D

Orrrrrrrr

stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League