Mathews & Colston for Forte or Chris Johnson* (Possibility*) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mathews & Colston for Forte or Chris Johnson* (Possibility*)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mathews & Colston for Forte or Chris Johnson* (Possibility*)

Postby Bballneverstops » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:31 pm

So I am in a 10 team H2H league standard scoring and everything. My team is below.

Get: Forte or Chris Johnson (maybe)

Give: Mathews & Colston

I really want another strong RB but I think this may be a little too much. I may be able to send a different trade and get Chris Johnson instead. I still think it may be a little steep. The only reason I am debating it is because I have Dwayne Bowe on my bench and he is still a strong WR3. Thanks to everyone
Last edited by Bballneverstops on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB: RGIII
RB: Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R: DeMarco Murry
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Def: Patriots
K: Greg Zurline
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mathews & Colston for Forte

Postby e5volcano » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Thank you for the helpful post in my thread!
Anyway I would not do the trade.

Fortre is known for his lack of scoring TDs and it won't help that the Bears have Michael Bush who is a goal line scoring machine.
You already have a TD machine RB in McCoy, and even though Matthews is out, he will be pretty good when he starts and healthy. You can start Williams first week and pickup some surprise sleeper RBs if Matthews is still not healthy.

Colston is Brees favorite target next to Graham imo, and he is bound to have a big game in Week1.
Chris Johnson may not be his horrible self like last year, but still don't think he is back to CJ2K standards.

Don't do the trade
8 Team League, standard scoring, no PPR/PPC. Flex=RB, WR, TE
QB: Brady
RB: Foster
RB: Ridley
WR: White
WR: TY Hilton
TE:Hernandez
FLEX: Bryce Brown
D/ST: 49ers
K: Gostowski
BN: Moreno, Decker,Romo, Patriots D, Myers ,Texans D, Gronk
e5volcano
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ajcentennial » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm

would def do this trade since Wes Welker and larry Fitzgerald are both top 5 wr gaurenteed, so your receiving core is soo solid, but with Matthews I dont really like your rb's since Matthews is an injury prone player. And the whole argument that forte isn't gonna get you td's is totally invalid since last year he was on pace to being fantasy's number 1 running back with only like 3 td's. Td's haven't and will never matter to the fantasy relevance of forte, so your team is great but the trade will make your team undefeatable I mean you would have 2 of the top 5 rb's and you already have 2 top 5 recuevers, and many ESPN analysts think that Dwayne bowe will go back to his 2010 form. So u are losing one above average receiver in colston but you didn't need him anyway. Great job on your draft btw
ajcentennial
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ajcentennial » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm

ajcentennial
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bballneverstops » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks you guys. It is tough. I have to wait until the end of week 1 anyway b/c I know my friend won't want to make the trade until Mathews is back. Also if I make the trade should it be with Forte or Chris Johnson. I am high on Mathews this year too so I really have a dilemma but we will see how everything pans out.
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Lurts » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 pm

I would go through with the trade. You have an excellent WR core with Wes and Larry, but a suspect group of RBs with a hurt Ryan Mathews.

What is the potential Chris Johnson trade?
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ray Rice, DeAngelo Williams, Mark Ingram
WR: Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Denarius Moore
TE: Vernon Davis
D/ST: Texans
K: Dan Bailey

Bench: A. Luck, F. Jackson, J. Rodgers, B. Jacobs, D. Amendola, N. Burleson, K. Wright, B. Celek
Lurts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bballneverstops » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm

The Chris Johnson trade would be the same thing. Mathews and Colston for Johnson. I am pretty sure I could ask for either Forte or C. Johnson. I like Forte a little more but I have a feeling Johnson will also have a much better year this year than he did last year. Thanks again for all the advice.
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby trillville7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 pm

I would probably do that trade because you have two stud WRs, and you could solidify a RB spot with the trade.
trillville7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Mathews & Colston for Forte or Chris Johnson* (Possibili

Postby Bespo89 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 pm

I think either of those trades are good and here is why... Forte, in my mind had his best season of his career last year. With the Bears putting a lot into this year (Getting Brandon Marshall, Michael Bush) I believe Forte needs to have and will have a strong year rushing. Td's may be on the decrease because of Bush getting goal line carries but that is the case with Mathews as Ronnie Brown can steal those in San Diego. Johnson is also a great trade because he had his worst year last year and has to show he is an elite RB. I drafted him first in my other 10 man league with the last pick and don't feel any regret. (Only time I feel regret is when people get injured, and what can you do there?)

Mathews is injury prone and will miss 2 - 4 weeks I saw already...might come back early but how effective and how long can you wait for him to be effective? Never been a fan of Colsten as Brees can make anyone on his team seem like a great receiver in a given week...so I say go for it. More plus on Johnson though. Think he will have a strong year this year. Good luck!
Bespo89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Mathews & Colston for Forte or Chris Johnson* (Possibili

Postby Bespo89 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Plus you have Philip Rivers!!! Chargers can only score so much this year!!! Trade, and spread your team out!
Bespo89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions