First year player...help me out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

First year player...help me out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First year player...help me out?

Postby Killacam01 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey, I was finally talked into joining my friends money league. Now, I wouldnt have normally done that without a bunch of research...but I think I did okay on a few days. Points only league.

QB Stafford
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
WR Roddy White
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Gronkowski
WRT flex Shonn Greene
Bench
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Kenny Britt
WR Sidney Rice
QB Jay Cutler
RB Deangelo Williams
TE Jermaine Gresham

K Sebastian Janikowski
DEF NY Giants

I have a glut of WR on the bench I know. I'm just not sure which one I would drop. I feel like I should have at least one more RB. I've also thought about picking up russell wilson in hopes to trade him or cutler later. I'm not too terribly happy with bradshaw either...since I thought he was a sure fire RB2, but now I keep hearing about him being on the way out in NY. So, any thoughts on the lineup?
Standard 10 team league
QB Stafford
RB Mccoy/Richardson/Hardesty/M Bush
WR White/Wayne/Bowe/Jones (GB)/Cobb/Moore
TE Gronk
K Gould
DEF ATL/MIN
Killacam01
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First year player...help me out?

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 am

I am not familiar with points leagues but here goes nothing....

1. How many teams is this?
- Your roster seems pretty stacked so I'm guessing a 10 teamer?

2. Scout that waiver wire during the season for a RB!
- You have the WRs to try and upgrade at RB, try packaging Greene & WR for an upgrade at RB.
- Greene is certainly nothing special and I would be worried about Bradshaw losing reps to Wilson as the season progresses.

You might want to see if someone like Turbin, R. Williams, J. Rodgers, etc are available, these are guys that are still relatively unowned in leagues that could have big seasons pending an injury to Lynch, Wells and Turner respectively.

I think you have a solid squad without knowing your league structure but you can definitely upgrade at RB based on the depth on your bench. I'd suggest trying to acquire David Wilson using Wayne or Britt as a handcuff but I think he will turn out to be the big points getter between he and Ahmad.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Re: First year player...help me out?

Postby Indibuck » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Chicago 2 wrote:I am not familiar with points leagues but here goes nothing....

1. How many teams is this?
- Your roster seems pretty stacked so I'm guessing a 10 teamer?

2. Scout that waiver wire during the season for a RB!
- You have the WRs to try and upgrade at RB, try packaging Greene & WR for an upgrade at RB.
- Greene is certainly nothing special and I would be worried about Bradshaw losing reps to Wilson as the season progresses.

You might want to see if someone like Turbin, R. Williams, J. Rodgers, etc are available, these are guys that are still relatively unowned in leagues that could have big seasons pending an injury to Lynch, Wells and Turner respectively.

I think you have a solid squad without knowing your league structure but you can definitely upgrade at RB based on the depth on your bench. I'd suggest trying to acquire David Wilson using Wayne or Britt as a handcuff but I think he will turn out to be the big points getter between he and Ahmad.

Pretty solid advice. I agree. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Beginner's Forum