1st Ever Live Draft - 10 Team Standard - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

1st Ever Live Draft - 10 Team Standard - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st Ever Live Draft - 10 Team Standard - WHIR

Postby T-Lo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I've been doing FF for a little now, first time ever at a draft. It was fun! Now, I know I made mistakes (first draft, bound to happen). I want an honest assessment on my team.

I'm a reacher as well. I do realize that potentially 1/3 to 1/2 of my guys are people I just have to 'hope' have a good year and aren't guaranteed (Martin, Cook, Rice, etc.). The flex position is WR/RB only not TE. This is a ESPN 'beginners' league from a podcast, the winner actually gets a custom built ESPN trophy.

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw
RB/WR - Doug Martin
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Brandon Lloyd
TE - Jared Cook
D/ST - Houston
K - Mason Crosby

Bench
RB - Michael Bush
WR - Torrey Smith
WR - Sidney Rice
RB - Pierre Thomas
WR - Michael Crabtree
QB Russell Wilson
TE Coby Fleener

Thanks guys. I rate other people's teams too, feel free to leave a link for me to your thread if you post for mine.
Last edited by T-Lo on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st Ever Live Draft - 10 Team Standard

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:17 pm

I like that you have Stafford. Your RBs and WRS could be a bit better, but Jennings should be solid. Jackson, Bradshaw, and Martin will get the majority of carries on their teams, and should reliable points. Lloyd has lots of competition in NE, but he's a great WR and he may do well. T. Smith may become the better option there. Texans are a good D/ST. Cook is not the best option at TE imo, but Fleener may be a good choice with Luck. Not bad overall. You just lack a little depth, and I would have taken a better RB over Jennings.

Rate mine if you'd like http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=517994 and http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516805
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby T-Lo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, that was a potential mistake on picking up Jennings that quick. I did start a trend of worry though, as the next 3 people after me scooped up WRs right after that.

It was a snake draft and I had 4th pick. I could have got an awesome RB . . . but I really like Matthew Stafford. I don't always go by logic, because I want fun in my league too. He's usually my #1 pick wherever I go.

I also picked DEF/K a little ahead of the curb which I know is wrong but I had to guarantee solid/best options. I followed the trend twice there, 2nd to pick DEF/K.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby Senseimatt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Stafford is good as a first pick. Rodgers/Brees/Brady may have been slightly better, but Stafford is a stud and should only get better (and if he does perhaps he'll be #1). Your next pick you probably could have gotten McFadden/Forte/MJD and still have gotten Jennings later on. It's also nice having players you like. I hate having players that are a threat to my 9ers, but I sometimes root for them because I want to win fantasy lol.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Re: 1st Ever Live Draft - 10 Team Standard - WHIR

Postby T-Lo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I wanted McFadden but he got scooped up before I got 2nd pick. I'm the Topeka Baijis, here's the first two rounds of the draft (if picks look weird, remember, rookie league).

When a ton of the RBs I had targets on got picked up before my 2nd pick, I kind of panicked a bit and went with ESPNs ratings instead of my own. Jackson was the highest RB left on that. I figured that, while the Rams blow about as much as Matt Cassel as a QB, him being a key target helps.

Drew Brees would be good, but like I said, I'm partial to Stafford. He isn't projected til 12 mainly and I took him 4th, so obviously that will hurt me as far as RBs. I'm willing to accept that. There were some big Detroit fans on the draft, I had to secure it.

[P.S. - I don't like Marshawn Lynch]

Round: 1
(1) Team Samoy - Aaron Rodgers QB
(2) Team White - Tom Brady QB
(3) Detroit jonny boyz - LeSean McCoy RB
** (4) Topeka Baijis - Matthew Stafford QB
(5) Team Mayfield - Arian Foster RB
(6) Team newman - Ray Rice RB
(7) Team Wydick - Drew Brees QB
(8) Team Delgado - Cam Newton QB
(9) Team Planck - Chris Johnson RB
(10) Team Corona - Calvin Johnson WR