CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Donald brown, top ten rb

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 am

As someone who got him pretty late, I certainly hope so. I imagine it will be difficult despite what should be an improved, albeit likely inconsistent passing attack.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 am

On my 1 squad with RB being the glaring weakness on paper coming out of the gate, I certainly hope so...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 am

His yds/carry jumped to 4.8 last season (up from 3.9 in 2010) but I just don't know if he'll take that next step this season. Indy also likes rookie Vick Ballard so it will be interesting to see how much he takes away from Brown's workload. There's also Mewelde Moore that Arians brought with him from Pittsburgh, and Delone Carter in the mix.

The biggest obstacle to Brown's success is gonna be that O-line which looked pretty bad in the pre-season - unless they improve none of the backs are gonna produce.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby CRob44 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 am

he got a td sunday but dropped some wide open passes, hope he continues to get looks
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 am

This kinda reminds me of the "Why shonn Greene is a top 5 back" thread from two years ago. As for that thread, I doubt it...but dang do I sure hope so
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:This kinda reminds me of the "Why shonn Greene is a top 5 back" thread from two years ago. As for that thread, I doubt it...but dang do I sure hope so

:-D First thing that came to my mind too. Brown will prolly be as consistant as his QB, who is asked to do more than any rookie QB should have to do; turn around a franchise, follow a living -and playing- legend, and live up to his own hype. So for Brown to have his top ten year he will need a lot more good Luck than bad.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:This kinda reminds me of the "Why shonn Greene is a top 5 back" thread from two years ago. As for that thread, I doubt it...but dang do I sure hope so

Except the Shonn Greene thread was put up before Greene was even the starter. Here at least Brown owns the starting gig.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Bigpop » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 am

I don't know...I mean I have him on my team and I watched the game. I was not impressed. He had one really nice run, which got the TD but he was pretty average tbh, at least imo.
Bigpop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Bigpop wrote:I don't know...I mean I have him on my team and I watched the game. I was not impressed. He had one really nice run, which got the TD but he was pretty average tbh, at least imo.

Truth is, it's not entirely Brown's fault. Albeit, those two passes he dropped were all on him. However,the offensive line is a disaster. Aside from Anthony Castonzo on the left side, they really have a patchwork line. If you watched the game, Seth Olsen might have suffered one of the worst games in Colts history - allowing every would-be tackler behind the line of scrimmage a free shot at both Donald Brown and Vick Ballard before they even got to the line of scrimmage. It's a nightmare to watch from a fan's perspective. Still, I think Brown's quickness and ability to get nasty in the open field will keep him on the field a lot and he is without a doubt the best goalline back on the team. Top ten is a stretch, but he's still a very good #2 running back to own.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk