Just Curious 12 Team PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just Curious 12 Team PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just Curious 12 Team PPR

Postby milostyl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am

Drafted 10th out of 12, looking for feedback.

League Rules are standard on yards and TDS (passing is 4, all others are 6), PPR.

QB - Brees
RB1 - Chris Johnson
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - Steve Smith (CAR) - currently working trade straight up for Percy Harvin
WR2 - Torrey Smith (BAL)
TE - Jason Witten (Starting Keller while he's out)
Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Trent Richardson
K - Hansen
DEF/ST - GB

Bench - Locker, Manningham, Britt, Greg Little, Dustin Keller, Braylon Edwards
IR - Mendenhall

Draft Summary and Analysis:
I took C2k in the 1st round with the 10th pick because I wanted to leadoff with a staple PPR RB1 and Brees slipped to me unbelievably in the 2nd. Stafford and Newton went 9 and 12 in the 1st round and the 11th guy was holding out for Phillip Rivers in the 3rd because he's a Chargers fan. Massive receiver run in the bottom second, high third round so I went with Gore for value at RB2 and took Steve Smith Carolina in the 4th just to get something decent at that position. Trent Richardson fell all the way back to me in the 5th so had to take a flyer and grabbed Torrey Smith on the turnaround for a high upside WR2. I ended up grabbing a lot of depth with week 1 ruleouts who slipped because they can't start right away. Mendenhall, Britt, Witten... all fell late in rounds and I took em for sit and waits. Put Mendenhall in my IR spot and grabbed Braylon Edwards just to see if his preseason glory pans into the reg season.

Trade:
I was offered a trade of Percy Harvin straight up for Steve Smith CAR, the guy offering has Cam Newton so I think he wants a tandem but I like the value match and Harvin gets solid AP yards and seems to be just hitting his stride whereas Steve Smith is ancient.

Would love feedback, post link to yours and I'll gladly feedback your roster likewise.
milostyl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just Curious 12 Team PPR

Postby tracyjesq » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 am

I like your team - I have many similar players in a 14-team league. I think we have to cross our fingers on Trent Richardson - hoping he comes back and stays healthy. I took Witten late too. Hopefully he's only out 1 week. My only suggestion would be to add more depth at RB. While you're deep at WR, WRs are easier to come by on the WW. RBs are not. I would be looking to add some RB depth.

Look at mine please - viewtopic.php?t=518110
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings