I drafted Brady and Newton..Help! Should I trade 1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I drafted Brady and Newton..Help! Should I trade 1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

I drafted Brady and Newton..Help! Should I trade 1?

Postby mnunez721 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am

So stupidly.... maybe smartly... I didn't realize I had picked Brady in the first round, and I picked Newton in the third. I've never been in this kind of situation, what would you do?

The way I see it here are my options:
1.) I can keep both so that I do not give my opponents the luxury of having a guy who could single handedly win any game any week.
2.) I can keep both until one gets injured, then trade the injured QB away to someone who might want him later when he gets better. That way I dont trade one too early and wind up with the injured QB.
3.) I can Trade one of them NOW and get a superstar.
4.) I can wait and see how they preform and trade accordingly.
5.) I can wait until after their Bye Week to trade them so that I can always have a 25+ point QB.

Relevant INFO:
My League has 8 teams.
It is a standard ESPN league. (25yards passing, 4pts TD)(10yards rushing/catching, 6pts TD)
1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

I'm Not asking you to analyze my Roster or anything, I'm really just wondering what the best thing to do with Brady and Newton would be in your mind.
Roster:
QB:
Tom Brady
Cam Newton

RB:
Darren McFadden
Doug Martin
Rashad Jennings
Shonn Green
Beanie Wells
Donald Brown

WR:
Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Malcolm Floyd
Miles Austin

TE:
Antonio Gates
Fred Davis

D: Steelers
K: Hartley
mnunez721
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I drafted Brady and Newton..Help! Should I trade 1?

Postby sixer03fan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am

Definitely trade one of them now for a superstar. You're only hurting yourself more than others because you are benching a player you drafted in the 3rd round every week. You're intentionally giving up 3rd round caliber production each week by keeping both.

I'd definitely try to deal Cam to a team for a 2nd/3rd round type WR or RB. I like Cam, I just think it will be hard for him to repeat last season's success, primarily because of the rushing TDs. If you are a big believer in him, then deal Brady for a 1st round RB or Calvin Johnson. But I'd keep Brady if I were you. He will be a rock for you every week and Cam should fetch you a great player.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I drafted Brady and Newton..Help! Should I trade 1?

Postby mnunez721 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

The only problem with trading right away, is that I'm in an 8 team league. So most teams are pretty solid at QB as is. Can anyone think of some good players who would be a fair trade for Newton? Basically regardless of what other players people have, what are some names you would like to see in return for trading Cam Newton?
mnunez721
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions