roll-call for all the fantasy football losers!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

roll-call for all the fantasy football losers!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

roll-call for all the fantasy football losers!!!!

Postby BradtheImpaler » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:41 pm

all these guys spouting off about thier 11-3 records, or whatever, and having 8 teams this season which all made the playoffs,...... or them making the playoffs 6 years in a row, and winning 4 titles.....BLAH

i am a fantasy football loser......8-9 last year as a rookie at sandbox, and barring james jackson scoring 30 some points for me tonight, i'll be 5-9 this year at yahoo. I do the w/w business, i read, study, and even pull off a couple trades, and i still lose.........maybe next year! my league is tough cause they are all active.....but it wouldnt be any fun if they werent bringing it every week.

who else has been a bona fide ff loser???? ;-D :-t
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:58 pm

Right here, I wen't from top of the hill to botom in 1 season. After tonite i'll be 4-10 in 11th place in my money league, the one with all friends an co-workers, the one that matters.
I jumped in another FF L for kicks and am in 2nd place there with no one gloat too. :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Last 3 Years

Postby fantasy_baller » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:12 pm

I've been right around .500 or lower the last 3 years in my 16-team league.

Got lucky by picking up Brian Westbrook, James Jackson, Bethel Johnson (started him in the only 2 games he's really made an impact this year), Tyrone Calico. Also traded Bettis for Tim Rattay -- who won me 4 games over a 2-week period (we play double dips Weeks 11-13).

2001: Drafted Elvis at QB (retired after the year)
2002: Drafted Culpepper (woefully inconsistently -- 30 points one week; -6 the next)
2003: Drafted Rich Gannon and Joey Harrington

I kick ass in fantasy baseball and basketball (It's a little more predictable), but no matter what I do I am always mediocre in football. It's 16 teams and 100% active at Sportsline -- but I'd wish to end up a little better each year than I do.

Went 9-8 this year -- Lost yesterday in the 1st round of the Playoffs.
fantasy_baller

Friendliness: %

Postby Ousmagic » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:03 pm

thanks to eric moulds and burress being nonexistent and william green being a huge bust, my team is on a 6 game losing streak and 5-8
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: roll-call for all the fantasy football losers!!!!

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:17 pm

BradtheImpaler wrote:having 8 teams this season which all made the playoffs

:-)

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:19 pm

Ousmagic wrote:thanks to eric moulds and burress being nonexistent and william green being a huge bust, my team is on a 6 game losing streak and 5-8

I hear ya. Plaxico+Willie Green=1st round playoff ousting for me in my money league, a year after I finished first in points and lost in the championship game by 2 pts.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby rbrozak » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:49 pm

Right here..League winner knocked out in the first round as you can probably see from my debate post..10-3 season all for nothing..I would like to thank the following for getting me in, but getting me ousted aslo: Matt Hasselbeck (4pts), Chad Johnson (1pt), Josh Brown (1pt), and Randy McMichael (0pts)..
rbrozak
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:45 am

I'm in my second year of ffl and have yet to come close to sniffing the playoffs .
I don't mind losing though as long as my team scores points .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Phinphan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:52 pm

I seem to be an every other year guy. Usually make the playoffs but have only won the title once in 10 years. Lost this year in the first round despite a 12-1 record, averaging 105 points a game, and putting up 113 and some change in the game. My opponet got 114 thanks to Jeff Garcia and a total of 12 TD's from his lineup. His previous high for the year was 7 TD's. Go figure. Just my luck.
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bolts801 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:20 pm

Yep. Lucky old me too. I'm the points leader in the league with a paltry 7-7 record. I missed 4th seed by some guy who finished 7-6-1. So i guess his tie is worth more than me outscoring him by 116 fantasy points. :(

1st place is 11-3 with 970 pts.
2nd place is 9-5 with 877 pts.
3rd place is 8-6 with 756 pts.
4th place is 7-6-1 with 889 pts.
and ofcourse me
5th place @ 7-7 with 1005 points.

That 3rd place lucky SOB is what makes my nostrils flare the most. what a lucky scroung team.

like 4 consecutive weeks I scored at least 70+ points that would have beat 8 out of the other 10 teams. But nooooooo the one guy i was playing scored 80 points to beat me. (it's the classic story) One week I had 89 points and the other dude had 100+ and no one else in the league had more than 70 points that week lol. do'h!
I played everyone for like a month straight on they're BEST weeks of the year. Just freakin killed me.

My first true year of doing it all by myself and researching and everything. couple years i've done a money league with a buddy of mine.. but he makes all the calls, and moves and stuff .. so it wasn't much fun.. but that dude wins! we always take home way more than we paid in. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk