autodraft screw up - how bad is it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

autodraft screw up - how bad is it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

autodraft screw up - how bad is it?

Postby Cuffs » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 pm

So I had to miss the online draft for a 12 team H2H ESPN league (2 WR/2RB/FLEX, no PPR, 1 QB, standard scoring) and set the player rankings beforehand. I had a moment to check my draft spot just before the draft, and based on that draft spot I picked a few RBs for the queue that I thought I would want in the first few rounds, to be sure I got good RBs. Somehow I mis-read my draft spot and thought I had the 7th pick when I actually had the 2nd pick. To make matters worse, the 1st pick took Rodgers, so I could have had Foster in the 2nd. Because the queue trumps your draft board, this means I passed on Foster, Rice, McCoy, and the other top 2 QBs in order to take McFadden.

I actually like my team OK, but am imagining how good it would look with Foster as my RB1 makes me a little sick.

QB: Matt Ryan, Russel Wilson
RB: McFadden, R.Matthews, SJax, Doug Martin, Kevin Smith
WR: Percy Harvin, Justin Blackmon, Heyward-Bey, Amendola, Davone Bess
TE: Witten, Olsen
DST: Chiefs

In a flex league, I always want more RBs than WRs. If I have a good RB, I will almost never start a WR at flex over the RB. Obviously my WRs are pretty weak, with Harvin the only unquestioned WR1-2 caliber player. But I am hoping between DHB and Blackmon, I'll be able to get serviceable RB2 play. But I can't imagine a team with better depth at RB.

Still, on a scale of 1-10, how much of a screw-up was it to miss out on Foster? Kicking myself right now.

WHIR
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: autodraft screw up - how bad is it?

Postby snixx79 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Its actually half decent but you have a glaring weakness at WR. Rule #1, you always key up ALL THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE! Ya never know who is going to drop.
IF MacFadden can stay healthy, and IF Matthews come back healthy, i love your rb/rb/flex spots....starting Harvin/Blackmon wont KILL you....pray they stay healthy. Ryan is the wild card, he is an every week starter for sure...but if the Falcons offense successfully does what it wants to do going up tempo, high octane and downfield, Ryan has 4700/35 upside.....

You'll be competitive if healthy still....but Mcfadden is a rather large IF.
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby goose in my step » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:33 pm

pretty good for auto pick. last year my 3 stud rbs carried me through out the season and it looks like u are in the same position. matt ryan looks like he's might be reaching top 5 so overall solid team 7/10
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby T-Lo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Fairly decent, I agree with the first poster, weak at WR. See if you can go drop a weaker guy for Ogletree, he was likely looked over and looked great with Romo in the season opener. I love your RBs, especially if Mathews gets healthy quick. Doug Martin will be in for a great year IMO.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions