kevin ogletree - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

kevin ogletree

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: kevin ogletree

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Chicago 2 wrote:Don't get me wrong, he could fill the Laurent Robinson role but this guy has been in the league 4 years and finally had a solid game, I'm not sold. If he produces again in week 2 I may stop to think but it still wouldn't be enough for me to use my waive priority or FAAB money.

Chicago 2 w/ a Packers avatar... balsphemy.

Anywho, I'm on board with your take on it, what's more likey - Ogletree goes for 60/800/10 or he's Devery Henderson... I vote Devery Henderson
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 am

I absolutely love players like this and here's why.. Some fool in every league will drop a talented player he drafted in the late to middle rounds to make room for him. I can then vulture that player off the waiver wire. It never fails, people will over react after one week of football.. ;-D

Oh Behrens.... LOLZ

It's worth making the pick-up, just in case. I'd drop most (but not all) handcuff running backs for Ogletree. (Don't even think about it with Tate, Gerhart, Jennings or Brown, to name a few exceptions). I'd also drop nearly every receiver outside my preseason top-40 to take a flier here.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:39 am

petedog9 wrote:I absolutely love players like this and here's why.. Some fool in every league will drop a talented player he drafted in the late to middle rounds to make room for him. I can then vulture that player off the waiver wire. It never fails, people will over react after one week of football.. ;-D

Of course there's always the rare flip-side of that argument where people ignore the guy because they feel he's a one-week-wonder flash in the pan and someone gets to pick him up in exchange for a bag of used K balls and a waterboy and he turns out to be the real deal - see Cruz, Victor last year, Austin, Miles a couple years back, etc etc... Yes it is rare but it is not unheard of either.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
petedog9 wrote:I absolutely love players like this and here's why.. Some fool in every league will drop a talented player he drafted in the late to middle rounds to make room for him. I can then vulture that player off the waiver wire. It never fails, people will over react after one week of football.. ;-D

Of course there's always the rare flip-side of that argument where people ignore the guy because they feel he's a one-week-wonder flash in the pan and someone gets to pick him up in exchange for a bag of used K balls and a waterboy and he turns out to be the real deal - see Cruz, Victor last year, Austin, Miles a couple years back, etc etc... Yes it is rare but it is not unheard of either.

in a 12 teamer and up i completely agree. go look at yoru last non K, DEF pick...is he ever going to start for you, or is he just a flyer? why not risk it? what is it going to hurt? i dropped my last pick in the only league he was available for him on the off chance he does make a big break out. if not, oh well, drop him and pick up someone else who is hot

just like in baseball, i like to have at least one rotating WW spot to pick up the hot guy. last year i grabbed Cam after week 1 and loved it. the team taht says he wont drop anyone is the team that misses the most valuabel WW pickups. unless your team has transaction maximums or they cost money, pick up every hot player and drop him next week if he was just a 1 week wonder.

there are tons of examples of guys winning teams leagues that were plucked form the WW
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Behrens is saying to drop the following guys to grab Ogletree... Do you agree with this?

Boldin
Williams (TB)
Crabtree
Sydney Rice
Nate Washington
Randy Moss

This to me is laughable. I take a proven winner any day over a flash in the pan and thats what I beleive he is. The stars were aligned last night with multiple injuries in the NYG secondary and Witten injury. Romo was picking on teh Giants #6 corner in Coe and went to whomever he was covering. Sorry, I beleive Ogletree is no better then the 4th option in the passing game behind Dez, Austin, Witten. I would also wager that he is the most dropped guy next week after go 2 catches for 20yds. Meanwhile, I just added depth to my roster by adding Boldin... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 pm

petedog9 wrote:Behrens is saying to drop the following guys to grab Ogletree... Do you agree with this?

Boldin
Williams (TB)
Crabtree
Sydney Rice
Nate Washington
Randy Moss

This to me is laughable. I take a proven winner any day over a flash in the pan and thats what I beleive he is. The stars were aligned last night with multiple injuries in the NYG secondary and Witten injury. Romo was picking on teh Giants #6 corner in Coe and went to whomever he was covering. Sorry, I beleive Ogletree is no better then the 4th option in the passing game behind Dez, Austin, Witten. I would also wager that he is the most dropped guy next week after go 2 catches for 20yds. Meanwhile, I just added depth to my roster by adding Boldin... ;-D

no i would not drop an of those guys. and no i didnt read the behrens article. i really dont care wat he says. yes i would drop brandon jacobs, who was the last guy on my bench and my last non k,def pick in the draft and only w multiple injuries in SF would be sniffing a fantasy starting lineup
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:39 pm

You must have an enormous bench if you have Brandon Jacobs on it.... If thats the case then by all means... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:45 pm

14 team league w a flex and 6 bench spots. yeah it a deep league.

in my 12 teamer i would have thought about dropping bernard scott. not sure why i have bernard scott to begin with....i usally just take random RBs at the end of my drafts hoping he RB in front of him dies during preseason
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Most likely hot garbage, but worth a look.

Dez Bryant and Miles Austin can help him in two ways. When they're on the field, they make Oggletree a sneaky play. If either one of them goes down though, he could become more incorporated into a solid passing offense.

This happens with receivers. Oggletree might not be the guy but at this point in the year there's probably someone you can cut for him. I wouldn't go this far:

petedog9 wrote:Behrens is saying to drop the following guys to grab Ogletree... Do you agree with this?

Boldin
Williams (TB)
Crabtree
Sydney Rice
Nate Washington
Randy Moss

but I bet some teams have someone (second D's, fliers) worth dropping for him.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Dolfan19 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 pm

I've got a 2nd priority I'm planning to use to drop Hillman for him.

I've got Austin on that squad, and I think there is a decent chance this is a Robinson situation.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk