WHIR! RB HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WHIR! RB HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHIR! RB HELP!

Postby ilovedapats » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Starting Matt forte at RB1, but who to start at RB2???
This is a PPR league.

Michael Bush vs. IND: I know that IND is terrible and there may be enough to go around, but I have Marshall and 3 bears is a lot to start.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ BAL: No suggs, lewis is older, reed is older and new team for BJGE that feeds their RB's in the redzone. Last year Benson had 2tds in one game vs the Ravens but didnt go over 51 yards rushing either time. So confused over this play... I start BGE weekly with no hesitations, but the Ravens are so good defensively.

Rashad Jennings @MIN: Regular season game may be faster than preseason for Jennings. Everyone says he had a great preseason, but I can name a ton of guys this year and past years that had good preseasons and it didnt translate to the regular season. If he starts off bad I'm scared MJD is the horse before the second half especially if the game is close. Jags would be stupid to turn on their franchise player for wanting to get paid.

Last option I have is to play two of these guys. One at RB2 and the other at my FLEX position over Desean Jackson.
I do not think this is so smart, but if you persuade me otherwise I am not against sitting D-"DUD" from 2011...haha

leave link!!! WHIR!!!!!!
ilovedapats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WHIR! RB HELP!

Postby Solak » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Would you start Bush if your didn't have the other two bears? If so, then give serious consideration to starting him here. Obviously he will get the same number of points. Unless you are worried about the entire Chicago team washing out....

Otherwise start Jennings. He should have good numbers this week.

viewtopic.php?t=518287
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SolvusAnima » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 am

PPR makes this a bit of a tougher choice, IMO. The way I see things in Chicago is as follows. Chicago will use Forte in order to get those yards, however the heck they can. Whether it would be the run game, or the passing game. Once they're close enough to the end zone, out will come Bush and smash it in and get the touchdowns. I really don't see him gaining any yards, so it seems a bit of a risky play. However, this risk is offset by the fact that Indy is horrible, as you said. This could mean two things: Forte will be able to punch in the TD's or Chicago will be more inclined to use Bush a bit more in an effort to keep Forte safe from injury. Seems like a risky play to me still.

On the other hand you have BJGE, whom I think will actually get a few looks through the air to ease Dalton's job a bit, since they are playing Baltimore after all. They've historically had a great defense, but with those aging players, and no Suggs, I don't know, I'm not convinced they'll be the same D they've been in the past. Cinci has no qualms with running the ball near the endzone either, so it seems like an appealing choice.

TL;DR: Bush could get points but seems risky, BJGE seems safer.

I would personally go with BJGE, but wouldn't blame anyone for taking the risk on Bush.
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby drhanl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:54 am

I would have to go Law Firm here. I kinda have a feeling that MJD gets at least half the touches, so I'm not keen on starting Jennings. and, I couldn't start a backup over, a starter like BJGE even though it's ppr.

thanks on mine.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 am

I'd go with BJGE solely because he is the starter and will get carries no matter what.
Wouldn't expect anything special, but hopefully he gets a few receptions out of the backfield, 50-60 yds and a GL opportunity.

Help me out with my week 1 TE?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=518331
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby kg112686 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Law Firm. He is in line for a lot of carries with Bernard Scott banged up and Brian Leonard only a 3rd down back. Plus he will get those red zone carries.
kg112686
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jm968859 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 pm

BJGE
jm968859
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bearsfanatic » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Don't really like any of them week 1, but I think you have to go with the starter. He's going to be in there with the most chances to break one. I agree with the others .. go with the law firm. GL

Help?
posting.php?mode=post&f=19
bearsfanatic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorbite35 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. It's between BJE and Rashard Jennings. I would roll with Jennings b/c the match up is nice and last that I heard, he's going to get majority of the carries.

Edit: Might I add that this is the reason why you got Rashad Jennings in the draft. For his value in the beginning of the season.
Check Out My Beer Channel
12 Team League PPR
Qb, 2 wr, 1rb, 1wr/rb , 1te, 1k, 1 def
Qb- Romo, Stafford
Wr - Nicks, Boldin, amendola,mike thomas,meachem
rb - Rice,forte, greene, best,
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff