Need help with TE week 1 WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need help with TE week 1 WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help with TE week 1 WHIR

Postby SolvusAnima » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Alright everyone, so I'm feeling a bit indecisive on which TE to start in my standard league. I have two options:

Greg Olsen @ Tampa Bay

Fred Davis @ New Orleans

So, typically, I'd pick Davis because RG3, being a rookie and all should favor his big target in the form of TE Fred Davis. On top of that, Washington will be going up against a squishy New Orleans defense, so it would see that Mr. Fred Davis would have a great day.

On the other hand, however, it seems Cam Newton's taken a liking in his own TE, Greg Olsen. Also, head coach Rivera has stated that Olsen will be joining the elite TE's. This is a pretty big hint that he wants to heavily involve Olsen in the passing attack.

Right now I have Olsen as a starter, but I keep changing my mind. Any help and input is appreciated! And of course, drop a link and I'll gladly return the favor and help you out as best I can.
Last edited by SolvusAnima on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help with TE week 1 WHIR

Postby Solak » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 pm

I would favor Davis for the same reason I favor Garcon in my league. Potential upside. But it is IMO the riskier of the two plays. If you need fewer "sure" points you might lean the other way. But I would choose Davis.
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby snixx79 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:50 pm

I like both, but im going the other way here and saying Olsen. I think the panthers will run wild over TB and Olsen will get his looks as essentially Newtons 2nd option. I do feel the Skins/Saints game could be a shootout, but Davis has been hit or miss preseason....RG3 is locked on Garcon. IMO anyways.

Help?

viewtopic.php?t=518288
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ilovedapats » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 am

Give me Fred davis !!! rookie QB will use that outlet for sure! plus, after the catch fred can make it happen!!!

please help
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=518279
ilovedapats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jm968859 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 pm

More upside= Olsen...Safer play=Davis...do what you must. I love Olsen this year.
jm968859
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby i_b_sparks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks for the help on mine! That's a pretty good problem to have IMO. I think both are gonna light it up this year with Davis having the better year. However if you go off just matchups alone, I'd have to say Olsen. Questions around Steve Smith's foot will have Cam giving a few more looks at Olsen and Brandon Lafell. You can't go wrong either way though. Both are gonna produce and go up against soft defenses this week. Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby spanky123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Go with Davis. He will get you the points. Wait to see what comes of Olsen. Nice TE options BTW.

Help?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=518346
spanky123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby David592207 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks for the help. I like Davis here. I know Olsen has been rising in ADP and buzz around fantasy circles, but a rookie QB's best friend is his TE. I wanted to draft Fred Davis for this reason, because I think he will end up in top 5 at the end of the season (ahead of his brother from another mother, Vernon). I would wait and see what develops between Newton and Olsen. It should be good too. No harm in waiting.
David592207
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby doromo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I had Greg Olsen last year and he was hit or miss. THe problem with Olsen is that once you are in the red zone he has a very slim chance of getting the ball for a TD. Cam loves to run it in, you also have 3 RB's (when healthy) wanting the ball as well. I think the odds are less for Olsen to get tds vs. Davis. But who knows... thats the problem. Week one is hard :)
doromo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)

Return to Who to Start/Bench