Anything to be concerned about? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anything to be concerned about?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anything to be concerned about?

Postby JoeySeven » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 am

Beside having a bad owner that is making their team worse?

I just joined a free 16 team(10 keepers)league on fleaflicker.Had A live draft A few days ago.
Have not played FF in A few years.So I'm a little rusty to say the least.

Already one owner is making questionable moves and trades in the league(one with the commish)
Team A Drops Santana Moss ,WAS and Kenny Britt,TEN without picking up anyone up.

Do the drops raise a red flag.Or maybe just a new player that doesn't know better.
to soon to tell?
I know it is just a free league,but I think I would have replace this owner.

And the 1st trade already has 4/7 Vetoes when I checked.

1st trade
Team A gets
Michael Turner RB ATL
Matt Ryan QB ATL
Brandon Gibson WR STL

Team B gets
Darren Sproles RB NO
Brandon Marshall WR CHI
Jimmy Graham TE NO

2nd trade with different Team
Team A gets
Alshon Jeffery WR CHI
for Brandon Lloyd WR NE

Team A Roster
Matt Flynn QB SEA
Darren Sproles RB NO
Brandon Marshall WR CHI
Eric Decker WR DEN
Brandon Lloyd WR NE
Jimmy Graham TE NO
Garrett Hartley K NO
Kansas City Chiefs

Benched
Ronnie Brown RB SD
Michael Bush RB CHI
Isaac Redman RB PIT
Stevie Johnson WR BUF
Denarius Moore WR OAK
Santana Moss WR WAS dropped
Kenny Britt WR TEN dropped

Team B Roster
Cam Newton QB CAR
Kevin Smith RB DET
Jonathan Dwyer RB PIT
Torrey Smith WR BAL
Titus Young WR DET
Marcedes Lewis TE JAC
Josh Scobee K JAC
[Empty Slot]

Benched
Matt Schaub QB HOU
Matt Ryan QB ATL
Robert Griffin QB WAS
Michael Turner RB ATL
Davone Bess WR MIA
Brandon Gibson WR STL
Randall Cobb WR GB
Keshawn Martin WR

Roster Requirements 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM
Totals 15: 8 Starters, 7 Bench, +2 IR
Scoring is standard
JoeySeven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anything to be concerned about?

Postby kevinkallberg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah, those were some stupid drops by that team that dropped Britt and Moss. Britt was a beast until he got hurt last year. And assuming he can stay out of trouble and injury free, he'll be a stud this year.

As for the trade, not really sure why it's getting vetoed. Team A is improving his QB and RB postion while downgrading his TE spot. I personally don't see Graham doing what he did last year this year. So good on him selling him high to get Matt Ryan, who I really like this year and see him potentially being a top 6 QB. Turner is old but still has some tread left on his tires. He still has Stevie Johnson and D. Moore, so he has depth as WR.

With the 2nd trade tho...i don't understand why anyone would deal Brandon Lloyd for Alshon Jeffrey unless it was a keeper league. And even then it would be a stretch. Lloyd with Brady on the Pats is going to put up so great numbers.
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby JoeySeven » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Thats for feedback.
The reason I posted in the 1st place. I thought it might be something fishy going on.But it looks like the owner just wants.who knows. :-S
And they are trading with more then one team,including me now.

Heres what the owner posted in the forum.
I had looked over the waiver list and I could not find a Sanchez type QB so I acceptehis offer. As for Sproles well it was a packaged deal which included M. Ryan. Point #2 I approached the owner for Alshon Jeffery for Brandon Lloyd trade, I still think Brandon Lloyd is a near top wide receiver, But I absoutely love Alshon Jeffery I would trade any top WR for Jeffery I'm taking my lumps now but hopefully my draft picks pan out :-b

Also they just Cut Brandon Gibson WR STL.
And since they needed A TE now.
I offered them Rob Housler TE ARI for Eric Decker WR DEN and they accepted the trade.

I guess I should have posted this over in the "Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions" thread.As it looks they might just be new to fantasy football.As they could have put Britt 1/2 IR spots.
JoeySeven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinkallberg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 pm

JoeySeven wrote:Thats for feedback.
The reason I posted in the 1st place. I thought it might be something fishy going on.But it looks like the owner just wants.who knows. :-S
And they are trading with more then one team,including me now.

Heres what the owner posted in the forum.
I had looked over the waiver list and I could not find a Sanchez type QB so I acceptehis offer. As for Sproles well it was a packaged deal which included M. Ryan. Point #2 I approached the owner for Alshon Jeffery for Brandon Lloyd trade, I still think Brandon Lloyd is a near top wide receiver, But I absoutely love Alshon Jeffery I would trade any top WR for Jeffery I'm taking my lumps now but hopefully my draft picks pan out :-b

Also they just Cut Brandon Gibson WR STL.
And since they needed A TE now.
I offered them Rob Housler TE ARI for Eric Decker WR DEN and they accepted the trade.

I guess I should have posted this over in the "Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions" thread.As it looks they might just be new to fantasy football.As they could have put Britt 1/2 IR spots.

Wow, he accepted Housler for Eric Decker??? This guy has NO clue what he's doing!!

Hopefully it's a redraft league because if it's a keeper league, having a dumbass like that in the league offsets the competitive balance of the league.
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Commissioner's Corner