Pick 1 WR and 1 RB please - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 1 WR and 1 RB please - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 1 WR and 1 RB please - WHIR

Postby spanky123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Yahoo non-ppr 14 team league.

OK, I need to choose one RB:

MJD
or
Ben Tate

And one WR:

Denarious Moore (hamstring)
or
Randy Moss
or
Randall Cobb
spanky123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 1 WR and 1 RB please - WHIR

Postby robot592 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:54 pm

I think the I'd go with Tate over MJD this week. Tate is a solid HB, who didn't piss off his coach and owner over the off season, and will get a few touches this week against Miami's very weak D. As for MJD I just don't trust any hold out runners until I see them in action and even if when he does get the ball the only things the Vikings have going for them is Jared Allen and their run defense(11th last year).

As for your WRs...I think I'd go with Moore,if he plays. While he's been out for months and hamstrings are always a nagging injury *cough*MilesAustin*cough* he's still listed as WR1 on the Raiders depth chart. He's not a great start but the other options are worse. Moss's deep threat is seriously hampered by his age and his QB and Randall Cobb might be a decent sleeper but he's not a shot I'd take against the 49ers.
robot592
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gatorbite35 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

spanky123 wrote:Yahoo non-ppr 14 team league.

OK, I need to choose one RB:

MJD
or
Ben Tate

And one WR:

Denarious Moore (hamstring)
or
Randy Moss
or
Randall Cobb

Thanks for the help on mine. Denarius moore if he's a go for week 1, but if not I would roll with Cobb. Man, I honestly don't know about your rb situation. I just don't know with this one. I don't want to give you an answer for the sake of giving you an answer. Push? lol
Check Out My Beer Channel
12 Team League PPR
Qb, 2 wr, 1rb, 1wr/rb , 1te, 1k, 1 def
Qb- Romo, Stafford
Wr - Nicks, Boldin, amendola,mike thomas,meachem
rb - Rice,forte, greene, best,
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SolvusAnima » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

How ballsy you feeling?

If the answer is not very, then roll with Tate. Even though he won't get that many points, at least he'll get some. Rolling with MJD is a bit of a risk right now because of the whole hold out thing, however, he has much greater upside, so if you are indeed feeling ballsy, roll with MJD.

I'd have to ask you the same question at WR. If you're not feeling very ballsy, go with Moore simply because chances are he'll get more balls thrown to him. However, I think Moss has better upside. I don't think Alex Smith is the type of QB to throw the ball deep too many times, however, so we have to keep that in mind.

Go with the safe choices, I suppose: Tate and Moore.

See how the season pans out later on with Moss though. He's worth holding on to in case Alex Smith decides to start throwing it down the field more.

Thank you for your help on mine, by the way!
SolvusAnima
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Who to Start/Bench