QB start PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

QB start PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB start PPR

Postby mattk89 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 pm

First time poster so hope I do it right! Should I look for Luck with Luck, Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith?
mattk89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB start PPR

Postby Indibuck » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Welcome to the Cafe.

Of the three QBs, I like Luck's upside the best.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome aboard - and I agree with Luck, def has the most talent - it remains to be seen how good Wilson is in a regular season game whereas Luck is one of the most NFL ready QB's to come out in a while. Still, Luck may experience some growing pains and the Colts are in a rebuilding mode so it make take a while for that offense to gel and it may turn out they don't have all the pieces yet to succeed - keep in mind that even Peyton Manning didn't look that great in his first season.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mattk89 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Thank you! I really like the up side of both Luck and Wilson but hard to go into 1st week unproven. That's my main concern. And they are all so close together on all the projections it's just a quagmire! Looking at experience and the fact that San Fran vs Green Bay may end up being a shoot-out that takes away San Fran's option to run, have to score to keep up with Mr. Rodgers. Does anyone think it will make a difference if Lynch is in the line up? If he doesn't play Mr. Wilson will have extra responsibilities. At least I still have 2 days to figure it out...LOL.
mattk89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Devil Doc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Out of the three, Wilson probably has the better match up, Arizona's defense is definitly the weakest of the 3, followed by Green Bay then Chicago. All three are on the road, and of the three, I would rank them Smith, Wilson, Luck. I don't care how NFL ready Luck is, the Bears defense IN Chicago will be probably one of the tougher Ds he'll see all year. Smith is going up against a Packers team who was worst in the NFL for defending the pass, even though they led the league in INTs. Your safest bet IMO would be Smith, followed by Wilson.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Return to Beginner's Forum