12 Team Auction League (w/ $ paid). 0.5 PPR. WHIR. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team Auction League (w/ $ paid). 0.5 PPR. WHIR.

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Auction League (w/ $ paid). 0.5 PPR. WHIR.

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi guys. I'm looking for feedback on my roster (obviously). I would be grateful for any help, and I will gladly return the favor (just link your roster thread in your post).

12 team auction league ($200). 0.5 PPR, a couple bonuses for long field goals and big games, but otherwise standard scoring. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 D, 1 K.

My roster:

QB: Robert Griffin III ($12), Andrew Luck ($9), Russell Wilson (waiver claim)
RB: Arian Foster ($48), Trent Richardson ($29), Frank Gore ($12), Kendall Hunter (waiver claim)
WR: Victor Cruz ($34), Miles Austin ($17), Pierre Garcon ($12)
TE: Jason Witten ($11), Jacob Tamme ($9), Greg Olsen (waiver claim)
D: Atlanta ($1)
K: Matt Prater ($1)

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Auction League (w/ $ paid). 0.5 PPR. WHIR.

Postby Lando50 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 am

QB: Obviously it's tough to know how well Luck and Griffin will do, the colts will be playing catchup a lot this year and he looked good in the preseason

RB: I like your top 2, Gore is a feature back, may lose some carries but you have Hunter

WR the depth would scare me a little, Cruz' case of the drops Wednesday worries me a little, but he got a lot of targets (this may be a the Hicks owner in me talking), like Garcon and Austin

TE: I understand wanting depth, especially with Witten's spleen, but I don't think carrying more than two is necessary, I would consider putting a claim on a WR to add depth there, depending on your Waiver system Ogletree would be worth a look if he ends up being a poor man's Laurent Robinson he would help with bye weeks and whatnot, If he flames out you can always drop him for someone else.
Lando50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby KeithJ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 am

I think I agree with Lando on the TEs. No reason to carry 3 (I'd actually probably keep Olsen over Tamme).

Your QBs also worry me a bit. Three rookies and, if they all flame out (although odds are at least one won't), you're gonna be in a bad spot.

I'd think about dropping a TE and Wilson (he's gonna be the worst of the three) and adding some depth at WR and RB if you can.

If you got Foster for only $48, I'm wondering where all the money went in your league. That's really cheap.
KeithJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby MJ21919 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

One too many tight ends for my liking. Not a huge Richardson fan, but I could be wrong there. Seems like you'd want 1 more WR given Austin's supposed hamstring issues (I had him last year, he had 3 TD's in week 2 then didn't play for like 5 weeks).
MJ21919
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cjdarling19 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks a lot for your response on mine! For the most part, you're roster looks pretty good. Although it's far from certain who will be better between Luck and Wilson, I really think it's only necessary to have one backup QB. I think Luck will have a better season and he has the starting job locked down, so I would keep him. Similarly, you definitely don't need 3 TE's on your roster. Personally, I would only have Witten on my roster even though he is injured. But, if you wanted to keep 2 TE's, I would keep Olsen over Tamme. If everyone is healthy, you have a pretty solid starting lineup and I would rate it 7/10. That being said, I think it would be worth it for you to pick up some sleepers or high-upside players off of the waivers, such as Jacquizz, Little, etc, if they are available.

Good Luck!
cjdarling19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eskavar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Everyone else has already commented on the TEs, so I won't jump on that apart from saying that I would trade Tamme and keep the other two.

Your QBs are risky in my opinion, only because you don't have a proven player in there. There is just no NFL history to base them on. They are definitely a high risk/high reward play. That said, I think you were smart with your money instead of paying for hype (I imagine Rogers, Brees, Ryan and Newton were too expensive for the ROI).

Otherwise, good roster.

Comment on mine if you get a chance: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=518523 :-)
eskavar Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Roster Ratings