Regulars: Where you all from? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Regulars: Where you all from?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:30 pm

mikehunt wrote:Maybe the only pure bread Candian in the lot. Live in Calgary Alberta and I hate the Cfl. THough there are probably a few of us on the site thought I might say it first. THoguh I havn't read the whole post

HE he
Mike

I can see why you say you maybe the only pure bread Canadian in the lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am from Toronto
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:34 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:originally born and raised in St. Paul/Minneapolis and then moved my frozen ass up North to Winterpeg, Canada. And everytime i step outside and fall on the perma-ice I want out, want out real bad. I sort of feel like Minneapolis was pergatory and well i must have been bad.

Man, I gotta ask you ... and this is coming from a child of the southern climates ... how in the h e doublehockeysticks do you deal with freezing your ass off all the time??
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:37 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:originally born and raised in St. Paul/Minneapolis and then moved my frozen ass up North to Winterpeg, Canada. And everytime i step outside and fall on the perma-ice I want out, want out real bad. I sort of feel like Minneapolis was pergatory and well i must have been bad.

Man, I gotta ask you ... and this is coming from a child of the southern climates ... how in the h e doublehockeysticks do you deal with freezing your ass off all the time??

Minnesota.............>>>>Winnepeg>>>>>>>>>I'll never see either.....................EVER
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:59 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:

Minnesota.............>>>>Winnepeg>>>>>>>>>I'll never see either.....................EVER

I think I see where you're going ... you're the King of Freezing Your Ass Off? Way North of Winnepeg? Whoa ...so does stuff break all the time outside due to the cold? Does your car fail due to the cold often? What are the best snow tires?

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:03 pm

lush,,,,,,,,you asking me,,,,,,,Im from Toronto man, it isnt that cold,,,,,its actually spring jacket weather today ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:42 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:lush,,,,,,,,you asking me,,,,,,,Im from Toronto man, it isnt that cold,,,,,its actually spring jacket weather today ;-D

For the people who grew up in the South "spring jacket weather" is probably three layer weather for them.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:43 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:lush,,,,,,,,you asking me,,,,,,,Im from Toronto man, it isnt that cold,,,,,its actually spring jacket weather today ;-D

My Bad. But if youre not it, who is the King of the Cold out there? Anybody from the Yukon? Alaska? Where ever? Pennsylvania? What is it like living in the permafrost? What kind of grass do you grow in your yard? What turf is used at the local football stadiums? Do y'all do inground irrigation?

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:45 pm

seriously on the cold days here, there are warnings about going outside where any uncovered skin will freeze in 60-90 seconds and you will have burned red skin. we plug our cars in at night or they wont start in the morning, we have these little heat packs that everyone sticks in their mits, in celcius we get as cold as about 55 or 60 below when yo ufigure in the wind chill which is equivelant to -70 or -75 fahrenheit. RIDICULOUS!!!!! but in the summer we also get as hot as about 100 fahrenheit.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brownslover » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:49 am

Go Vikes wrote:Did u ever c LeBron play? I live in Iowa. Go GOLDEN GOPHS

I did see him when he was a Sophomore at St. V. At the time I was working at a car wash where a bunch of people working there went to school with him.
What's your fat ass doing here?

He's my only means of conveyance. Buuut I guess I do spoil him.
brownslover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Derechon » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:16 pm

I'm from Ensenada, Mexico. It's an hour south of Tijuana. Home of the real fish taco and the Hussong's Cantina. No real other claim to fame but they did shoot som seens from Master and Comander here, and the studios for the rest ando for Titanic are half an hour away.

Currently frezing my ass off in Montreal, and I have to tell you I don't understand how the rest of you have done int all your life, after one winter I just want to go back to Baja.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm
not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein. "Specially when choosing your FF starters" - Derechon
Derechon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk