Week 1 Woes - The Risky Plays? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 1 Woes - The Risky Plays?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 Woes - The Risky Plays?

Postby cbhuff » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm

OK so I have MJD(hold out), Ryan Matthews(injury), Mendenhall(injury), Mike Wallace(hold out), and Dwayne Bowe(hold out). I picked up MJD and Matthews as my main backs but they aren't looking promising to start first week. And i'm having trouble deciding reveivers.

My current Line-Up is
qb-Stafford, wr-Greg Jennings, wr-Mike Wallace, rb-Donald Brown, rb-Steven Ridley, te-Jermichael Finley, wr/rb/te-Dwayne Bowe.
Bench-MJD, Matthews, Mendenhall, Luck, Fred Davis, Santonio Holmes

Should I start Donald Brown even though he probably wont do much with the Colts having to pass a lot to keep up. Or put in MJD in hopes that jennings isn't producing and they just keep rolling MJD after the start, or he gets goaline carries...Should I have wallace and bowe playing or put in one of my bench in the FLX. Their might be someone on the wire to pickup and drop Holmes but who...
cbhuff
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 Woes - The Risky Plays?

Postby mfbball04 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 pm

cbhuff wrote:OK so I have MJD(hold out), Ryan Matthews(injury), Mendenhall(injury), Mike Wallace(hold out), and Dwayne Bowe(hold out). I picked up MJD and Matthews as my main backs but they aren't looking promising to start first week. And i'm having trouble deciding reveivers.

My current Line-Up is
qb-Stafford, wr-Greg Jennings, wr-Mike Wallace, rb-Donald Brown, rb-Steven Ridley, te-Jermichael Finley, wr/rb/te-Dwayne Bowe.
Bench-MJD, Matthews, Mendenhall, Luck, Fred Davis, Santonio Holmes

Should I start Donald Brown even though he probably wont do much with the Colts having to pass a lot to keep up. Or put in MJD in hopes that jennings isn't producing and they just keep rolling MJD after the start, or he gets goaline carries...Should I have wallace and bowe playing or put in one of my bench in the FLX. Their might be someone on the wire to pickup and drop Holmes but who...

i like your lineup how it is set.. around week 4 your team is going to be unstoppable when all of those holdouts get their wheels spinning
QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
RB- Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell
WR- Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Nate Washington, Keenan Allen
TE- Jermichael Finley, Coby Fleener
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Re: Week 1 Woes - The Risky Plays?

Postby k_dubya » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:43 pm

stick with your current. MJD should be fat and slow for a couple. As for the rest of your bench the only viable option is Fred Davis and you have Jermichael in (I would swap here). Matthews, Mendy and are non factors for a while and Santonio Holmes is a Jet... enough said.
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)