Mcgahee or Smith? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Mcgahee or Smith?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mcgahee or Smith?

Postby andrich54 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Ok, so Kevin Smith looks like he's going to be in on Sunday against the Rams. Ive been asking the question: Mcgahee, Smith or Ridley? And I have made my decision that ridley will stay in. Now I have to decide Mcgahee or Smith. Mcgahee is going up against the Steelers, and they're...well the Steelers. Smith is a better Rb in my opinion but he's a big injury risk. But he's also going up against the Rams, and since Detroit is a pass first team, I believe the defense will open up that field for Smith to run. Obviously same goes for Mcgahee. Do you see my dilemma though? haha I need some more opinions.
QB: Tom Brady, Eli Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson, Stevan Ridley, Daryl Richardson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Brandon Bolden
WR: Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Sidney Rice
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennet
K: Blair Walsh
Defense: Broncos
andrich54
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mcgahee or Smith?

Postby rweiss73 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I have a similar dilemma. I have Smith and am starting him over Lynch/Turbin. Detroit passes first, but odds are they get ahead quick and run down the clock (w/ Smith hopefully).
rweiss73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Re: Mcgahee or Smith?

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:47 pm

I would go Smith, he's the only show in town. He's apparently healthy, though that could change if wind changes direction, but at this point he's healthy. He filled in great last year, and there really is noone else. The Rams didnt really get better against the run, and though Detroit likes to throw first, they still need to run to keep the defense honest. McGahee is going against a tough Steelers defense, even though they will be missing some key components, they were still #1 against the run last year. McGahee very well could have a good game, but I think Smith is a better option this week due to matchup.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Who to Start/Bench