there's no tying in fantasy football!! no tying!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

there's no tying in fantasy football!! no tying!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CellarDweller » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:30 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:My league doesn't have ties. The win goes to the team with a better bench score.

We do something similar...Each team submits a roster with two additional players to be used upon a tie.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:03 am

there were no ties in my league this year very surprising
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:02 pm

one of my teams tied twice, and the second tie i was down one going into the MNF game with no one to play, he had the pittsburgh defence. pittsburgh got torched by san fran and got -1 pt. This is what lead to the tie
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Stingy D » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:03 am

Negative Def points are horrendous. Many wins are blown by that stat.

On a related note, I love having MNF players going. This year, I was able to bench Collins and Tiki when it was clear that the Sunday games gave me a win. No need to play them and risk Tiki fumbles and Collins int's...

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:57 am

I got a big old -4 from KC defense last week. But, I had Portis so it all balanced out! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MathWiz » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:11 pm

Well, missed playoffs due to a tie. Ties just bite. Although, I guess me losing by 1pt three times, 3pts twice, and 10pts once. I deserve 5th place. NO, I have scored the most points in the league and out of playoffs. Due to a stinkin' tie. And one of the one point loses due to the Jamal Lewis fumble against Miami in OT that lead to Mare game winner. They changed the fumble and game it to QB Wright. Put me losing by one instead of winning by 1.

I think bench players / fractional points for ties. Maybe a tiebreaker player. ties bite
MathWiz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby The Dude_ffc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:56 pm

I hate ties but if you make it into the play-offs by half a game then I'll take the tie. Ties are better than a loss at any rate. I really hate the bench players deciding a tie, they have nothing to do with the game because they are on the bench. To me there is no fair way to decide tie breakers either so I guess I like the fraction factor.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby latraffic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:02 pm

Stingy D wrote:
On a related note, I love having MNF players going. This year, I was able to bench Collins and Tiki when it was clear that the Sunday games gave me a win. No need to play them and risk Tiki fumbles and Collins int's...

--SD

Dude, good tip. I never thought to do that but after seeing some of my starters throw up negative numbers, benching them to protect a win on Monday is brilliant.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk