MNF zebra crew - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MNF zebra crew

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:27 pm

Paladyr wrote:LaBron's (i have no clue how to spell it) coat looked ridiculous. That's what a kid buys when you give him uber amounts of money... the most expensive coat he can find. What an idiot. What was he thinking???

maybe- "im a kid who was just given uber ammounts of money so im gonna buy the most expensive coat i can find"

:) :) :)
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:24 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:For some reason, I love knowing who the refs are by name. It's fun to guess who the ref is before they show his name, and it boggles the minds of people watching with you.

And I thought I had too much time on my hands!
I think you are confusing boggling their mind with stupifying them. Please seek help, Mercerboy, or before you know it you'll find yourself amazing your friend with WNBA statistics!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latraffic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:38 pm

Question: Did any of you hear Al Michael's mention Monday Night about Tom White having to pay a fine for a screw up the week before? I heard it but am not clear on what call he muffed and I did not realize the refs and umps can be fined like players when they blow it. Let me know what you know.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:16 pm

moochman wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:For some reason, I love knowing who the refs are by name. It's fun to guess who the ref is before they show his name, and it boggles the minds of people watching with you.

And I thought I had too much time on my hands!
I think you are confusing boggling their mind with stupifying them. Please seek help, Mercerboy, or before you know it you'll find yourself amazing your friend with WNBA statistics!

Believe me, that is something I will NEVER, EVER be able or would even want to do. ;-D ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

latraffic wrote:Question: Did any of you hear Al Michael's mention Monday Night about Tom White having to pay a fine for a screw up the week before? I heard it but am not clear on what call he muffed and I did not realize the refs and umps can be fined like players when they blow it. Let me know what you know.

I think there was a phantom extra timeout that was called in the Seahawks-Ravens game.

Here's the ESPN Story:

The play in question occurred with 58 seconds left and Seattle ahead 41-38. The Seahawks' Shaun Alexander gained 3 yards to the Baltimore 33, but head linesman Ed Camp threw a penalty flag because he thought offensive tackle Floyd Womack lined up as an ineligible receiver.

The Ravens called their final timeout but the clock was stopped anyway for the officials to discuss the penalty. They determined Womack was eligible, let the play stand and gave Baltimore back its final timeout.

The Ravens were ready to call timeout again, but White did not restart the clock. As a result, Baltimore saved its timeout until after the plays, saving 40 seconds that it used when it got the ball back to tie a game it eventually won in overtime.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk