I'm sick of Untalkative leagues!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm sick of Untalkative leagues!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm sick of Untalkative leagues!!

Postby JohnClaytonsNerdyGlasses » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:42 am

I run a 16-team commish league at Sportsline and while all 16 are actively managing their rosters -- only but 2-3 actually talk!!!

It makes the league boring. I'd rather lose in a chatterbox league (I don't even care if you talk trash a little) than to win a league that's dead all year.

Our league probably gets 6-7 posts a day (3-4 usually from me).

Maybe I should stop playing year round fantasy sports with them possibly???
JohnClaytonsNerdyGlasses

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bolts801 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:24 am

I know what ya mean. I was the only one who posted anything in my yahoo league this year. If not for me know one would have. ONE GUY replied to my msg's. ONE. :(

thats really sad.

Whole society of anti social video gaming trolls anymore. Hell, typing a msg isn't even really being social either.. lol.. all the more reason there should be a ton of posts. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:49 am

I'm in a few various leagues and none of them have much conversation going on in any of them. The top one has 35 posts all year - that's with ten at the very start and about five or six this last week. The rest is me announcing people I'm interested in moving for "such and such at this position." Only two trades went down all year, although only one team (12 total) became a ghost team.

Hopefully I can get in a league next season with some people from this website. I noticed a few have started taking requests. If I can't find one, I might start one; but that's getting a little off-topic...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Ottawa Man » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:27 am

I am only in one league but it is pretty good... 300 messages so far and 40 trades.
Ottawa Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jebatzel » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:39 am

wow wish my league was that talkative

hate when people don't even look at my trades.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:28 am

LOL i disagree though talkin makes the experience more enjoyable silence is boring
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:42 am

I am all for the "Shut up and play" mentality....esp in money leagues....winning is the thing I am convcerned about and my team can od my talking for me. I NEVER talk in any of my leagues, minus the one where I am commish. I would rather be silent and have my team wax everyone than talk smack, look immature in teh process, and lose.

Same can be said on my part for the NFL. I would rather watch Marcus Allen waltz into the endzone like he has been there before...hand the ball to Mr. Referee and go to the sideline......as opposed to a Terrell Owens, Johnie Morton, CHad Johnson type celebration.....
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RaginCajun » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:40 am

some talk is ok....but you have to realize people have more important things going on than fantasy football....Some people are lucky enough to get their rosters in on time. I hate playing in leagues where the participants are all fantasy geeks and have nothing better to do. these people usually fill up the league forums with mindless banter. occaisional smack talk is ok........but i really dont want to see what some of these idiots have to say everyday..............JUST MY OPINION
RaginCajun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bolts801 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:48 pm

So why talk on here if you don't talk in your leagues then?

Thats my question to you guys.

Whats the difference?

The league is where your true family of players are.

Who are we? Just blabber mouths talking about everything else except the league your in. :)

Your statements and actions are contradictory. :)

my .02cents.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kashikis » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:56 pm

Almost all of my yahoo leagues are set up with the same group of guys. We play baseball, hockey, and football together. Our football messages are over 300 and you guys won't believe my baseball league, the group's fav by far. 3500+ posts and at least 75 trades. To say it's competitive is an understatement.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk