I'm sick of Untalkative leagues!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm sick of Untalkative leagues!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:48 pm

bolts801 wrote:So why talk on here if you don't talk in your leagues then? Thats my question to you guys.
Whats the difference? The league is where your true family of players are. Who are we? Just blabber mouths talking about everything else except the league your in. :)
Your statements and actions are contradictory. :)
my .02cents.

I WIll tell you the difference...it's talking like normal people vs. trash talking

On here, its mostly matter of fact talking about players etc. From what I gather, most people get their kicks with fantasy sports from trash talking otehr people to boost their ego. I am not oen of thsoe, I get my kicks simply from winning....I dont need to trash others

I dont see much of that happening here. This is a forum to share advice, etc not to boost one's ego.

That, sir, is the difference.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:08 pm

kevinashcraft wrote:
bolts801 wrote:So why talk on here if you don't talk in your leagues then? Thats my question to you guys.
Whats the difference? The league is where your true family of players are. Who are we? Just blabber mouths talking about everything else except the league your in. :)
Your statements and actions are contradictory. :)
my .02cents.

I WIll tell you the difference...it's talking like normal people vs. trash talking

On here, its mostly matter of fact talking about players etc. From what I gather, most people get their kicks with fantasy sports from trash talking otehr people to boost their ego. I am not oen of thsoe, I get my kicks simply from winning....I dont need to trash others

I dont see much of that happening here. This is a forum to share advice, etc not to boost one's ego.

That, sir, is the difference.

Here, Here if bolt didn't know the difference then all I can say is WOW! :-t
Bolt you don't post on you league board asking for advice do you? or you don't go to your league message board looking for inside info like you do here do you?? Get real.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bolts801 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:16 pm

We were just talking about conversation period.

I just wanted to get you msg board mutes worked up and I did. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lsufan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:35 pm

I am the only person that posted any msgs in my yahoo league. I talked smack once and got beat. The guy didn't even respond after beating me. I really dislike leagues where nobody talks. I also dislike the fact that it is a 10 team league and only 6 people play. Just because you have a 4-10 record doesn't mean you should be a sell-out. I thing yahoo should make everyone post their email address so if a league has a sell-out the other people can email the loser when he leaves a bunch of injured players in his lineup. I am going to try to organize a team of people I know next year so we can talk smack and work up more trades. Just makes FF more fun.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:05 pm

I'm sure there will be plenty of leagues opening up that want Cafe members to be in them. I know I'm not doing any more public leagues. I'll find something here, or else make one myself.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:18 am

i'm in 12 leagues this year and i'm the only one who has chatted in 5 of them. in the 20 team league, 4 teams talk. And the rest of the leagues, no more than 4 talk. And yes lots more of the owners are active, just dont talk... it does make it boring. I check "all posts" and what do i see. All year long i posted 10 messages and there have only been 10 posts all year (all by me for u slow people) that is very sad... and boring...

i've wrote in some posts. POST HERE IF YUR ALIVE AND IN THE LEAGUE, JUST POST A "YES" IF YOUR IN THE LEAGUE, THATS IT!!! and what do i get... silence...

maybe i should stop talking to myself
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bolts801 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:20 am

Ya I was going to set one up, or maybe join one private league next year.

I noticed while digging around in the help index that you can set league teams to 20.

WOW.

I'm a glutton for punishment. I think a 20 team league would just be unreal. Can you imagine how freakin hard it would be to put together even a moderately good team?!?! Lol.. it would be too funny.

talk about having to look for sleepers. :)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bolts801 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:24 am

ya in my baseball yahoo league this year.. thats a horrendously long season.. not a single post. One by me. I decided to smack a little talk out there to see if i could get a heartbeat. I did. lol.. two guys posted back and that was it. This was in the last two weeks of season.

pretty sad. the only other posts were trade offers with no explanations in them.. just offers.

how sad. :(
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk