Hotels, Football, Demolition Derbys, and Niagara Falls - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hotels, Football, Demolition Derbys, and Niagara Falls

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hotels, Football, Demolition Derbys, and Niagara Falls

Postby joejlitz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:09 am

Well, we made it to Fort Drum, NY and have been living in a hotel up here for two weeks. Housing won't be available on post until December and the rental market here is tough. Homes are either unavailable or undesirable. Living in a one room "suite" is difficult to say the least. The kids are actually doing ok, but my wife and I are ready to GET OUT. Plus, we don't have any of our stuff and the cold, cold winter is on its way. And the worst part is - I won't have my DirecTV Sunday NFL Ticket until we get a home and get unpacked. :~( So we're going to the Tilted Kilt today to watch the Eagles.

Now for the good - we went to the NY State Fair in Syracuse last weekend and I saw my first demolition derby. It was AWESOME. If you've never been, you have to go to one. After watching it, I definitely want to drive in a race or two. This weekend, we may head over to Niagara and explore, buy some ice wine, and put the kids on the Maid of the Mist. We're also talking about getting our boys signed up for ice skating at the Y so they can get into ice hockey at some point. Then there's also the "dry hill" ski slope here where they can learn to ski this winter. So - overall, I think we will have fun living here. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hotels, Football, Demolition Derbys, and Niagara Falls

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 am

I'm on the road 30-40% of the time for work. I feel for you, couldn't imagine spending any amount of time in a hotel room with my family.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk