A.Morris off waivers and drop Mendenhall? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

A.Morris off waivers and drop Mendenhall?

Moderator: Football Moderators

A.Morris off waivers and drop Mendenhall?

Postby Jermizzle5 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I might have a chance to snag Alfred Morris off waivers on monday but would have to drop Mendenhall. Would y'all do this even tho Mendy might come back in a week or 2?
Jermizzle5
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A.Morris off waivers and drop Mendenhall?

Postby Wood Chipper » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I would keep Mendenhall.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby machine3 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd hate to drop Mendenhall. You don't have anyone else to drop?
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I would hate to drop Mendy when he will be back pretty soon
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jermizzle5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 am

Yea think I might hold on to mendy. Thanks fellas
Jermizzle5
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:06 am

Depending on your other RB's and the league setup. This just might be worth it.

I believe (and have some sound reasoning to believe so) that Morris will be the real deal.

I've been told (but not currently at 100% belief of) that Mendenhall will be limited throughout the season.

So, the questions are, how deep is your league? If you drop Mendenhall, will someone else scoop him up in 5 minutes? How much are you relying on Mendenhall to be there for you this year? If you have a relatively deep RB corps, and he'll still be there in a couple weeks if Morris falls flat, then why not?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby rclement3915 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:32 am

What are your other options?

Morris looked decent, and Mendenhall might become part of a committee situation. He had a poor season last year when healthy, so its unsure how effective he will be post injury.

If you need immediate help at RB/Flex, then id roll the dice and hope Morris can keep the job.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Jermizzle5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:Depending on your other RB's and the league setup. This just might be worth it.

I believe (and have some sound reasoning to believe so) that Morris will be the real deal.

I've been told (but not currently at 100% belief of) that Mendenhall will be limited throughout the season.

So, the questions are, how deep is your league? If you drop Mendenhall, will someone else scoop him up in 5 minutes? How much are you relying on Mendenhall to be there for you this year? If you have a relatively deep RB corps, and he'll still be there in a couple weeks if Morris falls flat, then why not?

I actually have a good rbs for a 12 team league. Murray,Charles,Matthews,Mendenhall. Only issue I have is that we get to start a rb/wr flex so i can't use matthews or Mendenhall cause of injuries and I lost my first game because of it and I really don't want to fall too far behind since Im waiting for matthews and mendy to come back. so thats I'm debating adding morris and dropping mendy. And yea mendy will get picked up in mins in this league if he gets dropped.
Jermizzle5
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Jermizzle5 wrote:
I actually have a good rbs for a 12 team league. Murray,Charles,Matthews,Mendenhall. Only issue I have is that we get to start a rb/wr flex so i can't use matthews or Mendenhall cause of injuries and I lost my first game because of it and I really don't want to fall too far behind since Im waiting for matthews and mendy to come back. so thats I'm debating adding morris and dropping mendy. And yea mendy will get picked up in mins in this league if he gets dropped.

If I were you, I'd do it. You've got the depth at RB to cover this in case it doesn't work out. But I think that it will. Good luck!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions