Dexter McCluster for PPR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dexter McCluster for PPR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dexter McCluster for PPR?

Postby tcwhy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:00 am

I was looking at the Atlanta - KC box score this morning and saw that McCluster led KC in receptions and had 10 targets on the day. Do any KC fans have any insight on this?

He could be a nice pickup in PPR considering his dual eligibility at WR and RB in Y! leagues.
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dexter McCluster for PPR?

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 am

tcwhy wrote:I was looking at the Atlanta - KC box score this morning and saw that McCluster led KC in receptions and had 10 targets on the day. Do any KC fans have any insight on this?

He could be a nice pickup in PPR considering his dual eligibility at WR and RB in Y! leagues.

I also read he was on the field for about 95% of the offensive snaps and appears to be their slot rec. By all accounts, he had a very productive preseason as well.

I'm contemplating using the #1 WW priority on him in 1 league (full PPR) where RB is my weakest position, hoping for "Sproles-lite" type of production.

Granted it's only week 1, but the utilization of the slot rec. and hybrid type guys seems to be the growing fad in the new pass happy NFL and to a degree, act as an extension of the running game...

Randall Cobb in GB
McCluster in KC
Sproles in NO
Harvin in MIN
Welker in NE
Amendola in STL
Rodgers in ATL

To name a few, some of the names are already stallwarts in the fantasy game and the other very well could be sooner rather than later.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

If he's lining up as a slot receiver on a large chunk of plays, what are the odds he earns WR eligibility at some point? (I don't know if he already does in Yahoo! but he doesn't in ESPN).
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Unfortunately, on CBSSports.com he is listed as a WR.

With my league's scoring I'd rather have him as a RB if he is going to catch a ton of balls. He wouldn't start as a WR in our league but would definitely start as a RB (he would score more points as a RB than a WR due to our scoring).

I did this last year as my team was devastated with injuries (Charles, Britt, Austin, all on same team). I used McCluster as a RB.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby tcwhy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

McCluster won't be changed for ESPN leagues.

Before each season begins the system receives an updated report that details every NFL player with their listed position heading into the new season. This includes rookies as well as veterans. The listed positions are fixed and will not change for the duration of the season. Note: Even in customizable leagues, the league manager cannot change the listed position of any player in the game.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/faq?name=how-is-a-players-position-eligibility-determined

For Y!, my memory serves that after 5 games playing a new position that player gains eligibility but I can't find anything to confirm that. You can check though - looks like McCluster gained WR on the 5th.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/playerchanges?type=pos
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 am

tcwhy wrote:McCluster won't be changed for ESPN leagues.

Before each season begins the system receives an updated report that details every NFL player with their listed position heading into the new season. This includes rookies as well as veterans. The listed positions are fixed and will not change for the duration of the season. Note: Even in customizable leagues, the league manager cannot change the listed position of any player in the game.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/faq?name=how-is-a-players-position-eligibility-determined

For Y!, my memory serves that after 5 games playing a new position that player gains eligibility but I can't find anything to confirm that. You can check though - looks like McCluster gained WR on the 5th.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/playerchanges?type=pos
Interestingly enough, he is now both RB and WR eligible. I was able to nab him on the WW, so no complaints here. Let those targets keep comin'! ;-D
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 am

Picked him up in my PPR as well. I almost did it last week when I seen he had moved to slot. The guy is a home run if he's getting the most targets.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am

Grabbed him this morning as well in my PPR league. Pretty psyched about that steal haha
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk