megatron trade... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

megatron trade... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

megatron trade... WHIR

Postby goose in my step » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

so someone in my league dropped ridley before the season started. luckily i picked him and he had a huge game but was sitting on my bench because i already have 3 rbs starting. so now that i have 4 quality rb should i package 1 of them and another player to upgrade my starting roster?

the only hole i see is my wr1 were i have nelson who is 2 on the depth chart behind jennings, so i was thinking of getting a true wr 1 like megatron.

which players should i offer the calvin johnson owner. they auto drafted so is in need of a rb
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: megatron trade... WHIR

Postby Pitfan2782 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Who are your backs?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby goose in my step » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 pm

mcfadden, stephen jackson, chris johnson, stevan ridley, taiwan jones (run dmc handcuff)
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 pm

who are his backs currently? you would probably need at least SJax and Nelson, but I'm not sure if I was a Megatron owner I would take that.. any other WR is such a downgrade from Megatron that you really need to get an elite player back.. I think DMC/Nelson would do the trick but I dont think thats really something I would do..
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 pm

I think the bigger question here is how much faith you have in CJ2K, I know it was 1 game but he didn't do much to prove he's going to be any better than he was last year.

That leaves a pretty big question mark in your RB lineup if you were to trade off anyone. I'd say try to package him with Nelson but that's a toss-up and traditionally a player loses some trade value after a game like that to start off the year
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby mjedwards409 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm

I might try to trade Johnson and Nelson for Megatron. Honestly I think Ridley will end up with a better fantasy season than Chris Johnson after what I saw week 1. And at this point I still think Ridley might be undervalued and people think it might be a bit flukey. On the other hand, I'm worried Chris Johnson's value isnt going to go anywhere but down, so I'd trade him now while some people view him as a top 10 back.

Honestly, depending on how this guy views CJ's value, you may be able to trade him and someone lesser than Nelson for Megatron. (Just depends how deep the guy is at WR)

Thanks for the help with mine!
mjedwards409
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions