Fred Jackson - knee injury - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Jackson - knee injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fred Jackson - knee injury

Postby Cyclone » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Fred Jackson missed the final six games last season with a broken leg. On Sunday, he suffered another leg injury that took him out of the game.

The running back exited the Buffalo Bills' season opener against the New York Jets after suffering a lower leg injury during the first half at MetLife Stadium.

The Bills later announced Jackson wouldn't return.

Jackson took a handoff off right tackle with 11:17 remaining in the second quarter before he was taken down low by Jets safety LaRon Landry. Jackson attempted to walk it off on the Bills' sideline, but he later was seen walking gingerly toward the locker room with two trainers.

C.J. Spiller replaced Jackson and busted a 56-yard touchdown run on his third carry. If Jackson is forced to miss extended time, Spiller could be in position to steal carries once Jackson returns.

UPDATE: Jackson will undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000059918/article/fred-jackson-to-undergo-mri-on-injured-knee-bills-say
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fred Jackson - knee injury

Postby Cyclone » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 pm

The hit looked pretty vicious, fingers crossed for no ACL or MCL tears.....If his season is over we have the new fragile Freddy :-C . Regardless Spiller's vaule just shot through the roof.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Spiller's stock just took a major bump and he looked up to the task on Sunday:

The MRI on Fred Jackson's right knee did not provide an "exact timetable for return" Monday, but CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jackson is expected to miss four weeks in a "best case scenario."
F-Jax sprained his LCL at the very least, and the Bills don't know the full extent of the damage yet. Per La Canfora, the Bills will "monitor" the injury for the next 7-10 days. Look for C.J. Spiller to draw the start in Week 2 against the Chiefs and operate as an every-down back going forward. Spiller got loose for 194 total yards and a touchdown against the Jets in Week 1.
Related: C.J. Spiller
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Sep 10 - 1:50 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Chan Gailey: Fred Jackson will be out 'a few weeks'
September 10, 2012 - 3:52 PM
By Tim Graham

Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey confirmed this afternoon receiver David Nelson is done for the season and running back Fred Jackson will be out "a few weeks."

The key members of Buffalo's offense suffered right knee injuries in Sunday's loss to the New York Jets at the Meadowlands.

The MRI on Jackson's right knee was inconclusive, leaving speculation for how long he'll be out. Gailey said they'll be without him at least until October. "It's not going to be three [weeks], but I don't think it's going to be eight," Gailey said. "It's probably somewhere there in between. Hopefully, sooner. "The prognosis is decent."

Gailey called Jackson's outlook "decent" because the way Jackson went down looked like a potential season-ender. Jets safety LaRon Landry hit Jackson in the left leg, and Jackson twisted his right knee while tumbling awkwardly to the turf.

The Bills will have a roster spot available with Nelson headed to injured reserve. Gailey said the Bills would consider adding a tailback because there are only two healthy ones on the roster now: C.J. Spiller and Tashard Choice.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-cove ... weeks.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Is f-jax a buy low candidate right now or stay away?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mase088 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 pm

My question exactly. I think I could snag him along with Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace. I just want to know if anyone think's he will be worth a RB2 spot. OR a Bye week fill in at best?
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Spiller looked solid last year in relief of Jackson at the end of last season and again in game 1 this year - I think he will step up in the next 4 weeks and show why he deserves to be #1 in BUF and the 31 year old Jackson is ready for a backup role. Also Spiller has improved in his pass protection, another reason to keep him in the game more.
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 pm

stomperrob wrote:Spiller looked solid last year in relief of Jackson at the end of last season and again in game 1 this year - I think he will step up in the next 4 weeks and show why he deserves to be #1 in BUF and the 31 year old Jackson is ready for a backup role. Also Spiller has improved in his pass protection, another reason to keep him in the game more.

I think we are seeing the changing of the gaurd at RB in Buffalo. Of course the coach will say F Jax won't lose his job to injury, but if Spiller performs as he has, the position would have been won by performance.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk