Cobb worth a pickup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Cobb worth a pickup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cobb worth a pickup?

Postby woodson21 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I watched the Packer game this sunday and I'm very interested in how they are using him now, he seems like more then just a no.3 receiver on that team. So would dropping Greg Little for Randall Cobb be a good move in the long run possibly?
woodson21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cobb worth a pickup?

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Be careful... Cobb really started to see targets after Green Bay was forced to scrap the game plan and go with more 4 receiver sets to try to take advantage of some good matchups for Cobb... and it worked, just not as good as they needed it to in order to walk away with the W.

That was one of the best defenses they'll face all year so it's hard to say whether or not they'll continue doing that or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them mix than in given its effectiveness but I can't imagine they'd do it as much as they did yesterday.

But... seeing how terrible Weeden was yesterday, I like Cobb better than Little! If it were me, I'd do it
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby chinst » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Obviously in a league where you score for returns, Cobb is worth it. But, otherwise I would wait and see on him. Like the above post said, the Packers were airing it out in desperation after totally abandoning the run and going to four receiver sets. I don't think you will see this much of Cobb very often, barring an injury or trade of another receiver.
chinst
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Yup, he's worth a pickup in certain situations like keepers, 12 team+, ppr, and kr/pr stats.

Sure he benefited from them airing it out and going to 4 wr sets. But they also had designed plays for him out of the back field. He lined up in the backfield 4 or 5 times. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those designed plays involved direct snaps in the future with how atrocious their run game is.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions