Few Questions That Need To Be Answered... (WHIR 100%) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Few Questions That Need To Be Answered... (WHIR 100%)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Few Questions That Need To Be Answered... (WHIR 100%)

Postby etl1692 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Well it's the inevitable Fred Jackson got hurt..... Questions

1.) Put Spiller in for Fred Jackson? Michael Bush?
2.) Is RG3 and Spiller decent Trade Bait for an upgrade? If so where would I upgrade? Too early to tell?
3.) I have the #2 waiver pick... Anyone I should be targeting, based on my teams needs, and player production?

Offensive Waivers: Kevin Ogletree (WR) ; Alfred Morris (RB) ; James Jones (WR)

NOTE: Could be missing a few other key players out there. Waiver ends Sept 12th. Looking to maybe drop Maningham for one of these. But do I use my #2 Waiver?

10 Team, *Keeper League (2off, 2def)

OFFENSE:
QB: Matt Ryan
WR: *Roddy White ; Brandon Lloyd ; Stevie Johnson
RB: Demarco Murray ; *Fred Jackson
TE: Jermichael Finley
Flex: Reggie Wayne
K: Dan Bailey
BN: RG3 ; C.J. Spiller ; Michael Bush ; Mario Manningham ; Jerome Simpson

Points System:
Offense--- Passing Yds 25= 1pt ; Pass TD 4 ; Int -1 ; Rush Yds 10= 1 ; Rush TD 6 ; Rec Yds 10=1 ; Rec TD 6 ; Return TD 6 ; 2-Point Conv 2 ; Fumbles -2 ; Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Few Questions That Need To Be Answered... (WHIR 100%)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:30 pm

1) I definitely would put Spiller in the starting lineup next few weeks. He was really good replacing FJax, and if he continues to produce while Freddy is out, then I think once Freddy is healthy, Spiller just may hold onto the job with FJax being the COP back.

2) Especially regarding my answer to 1, Spiller has a lot of value right now. If you wanted to upgrade, I wouldn't take anything less than an RB.

3) Normally, I would say grab the young RB who just had a crazy game. But this is a RB in Shanahan's offense, and do you really want to spend your #2 waiver claim on a guy who will be benched in 4 weeks? Or just stick it out and wait for that RB to break out that will (hopefully) be more consistent over the long term.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Few Questions That Need To Be Answered... (WHIR 100%)

Postby hightide704 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 pm

I would definitely put Spiller in for Jackson. He looks exponentially better since the end of last season and was able to prove that to nay-sayers in his performance yesterday.

If you are looking to trade, RGIII and Spiller are definitely attractive for the receiving end of a trade, but don't undervalue them and sell them short. RGIII had the highest passer rating in the league this week and CJ Spiller had the best RB performance of anyone thus far. I personally like the way they both look, so I would keep them both if you can.

As far as waivers, I don't know too much about Ogletree other than the fact that he is currently WR3 for Dallas. We have seen this before out of James Jones as well where everyone bit after one good game and he didn't produce much after, so I wouldn't use a #2 waiver spot for Jones. If you do use it, I would look at someone like Stephen Hill. Even though the Jets offense is scary to watch, he IS the #2 receiver on the team now, and Santonio Holmes attracts double coverage leaving him 1-on-1. His size should make him a great goal-line option, being 6-4, 215 and FAST. I think he holds more upside than Jones or Ogletree. However, if you decide to trade Spiller away, I would consider Alfred Morris even though Mike Shanahan is the devil to fantasy owners with Washington RB's on their rosters. Best of luck!

-hightide704

HELP WITH MINE, WHIR!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519034
hightide704
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions