Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Detroit Lions

Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Sunday Ticket up here in Canada jumped from $35/month the past couple years to $50/month this year. I decided that was gettin' a little outta line so I figured I wouldn't bother with it this year - a couple years ago I changed my TV networks feed to Detroit in order to get Lions and Wolverines games so I figured I could get by with that - turned on FOX Detroit and there they are showing the Redskins game (I assume a blackout due to no sellout) so I had to get on the phone and order Sunday Ticket after all!
!+)
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

My understanding the game was a sellout. Pretty sure if you send the bill to Dream he will take care of it for you. :-D (Let me know how that turns out :-b )
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 pm

and I think there's a thread somewhere around here about getting discounted/free Sunday ticket.


Stomper, look at it this way - remember when they couldn't pay anyone to watch Lions football? now people are paying :-)
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 pm

scottaa1 wrote:and I think there's a thread somewhere around here about getting discounted/free Sunday ticket.


Stomper, look at it this way - remember when they couldn't pay anyone to watch Lions football? now people are paying :-)


Lol, I remember those days alright - and I can remember going to the Silverdome when the place was about 2/3 empty.

I don't think I can get a discount in Canada as we don't have Direct TV but all the cable & sattelite companies buy Sunday Ticket from Direct to show up here - I checked around a bit and everyone jacked up their price this season (one was even $259 for the year) - they are combining Sunday Ticket with Red Zone this year instead of making them separate, I never bother with RZ before because of the extra price. My sattelite company said they have been getting lots of complaints so maybe someone will budge on the price.

Mooch - I didn't hear what the attendance was on Sunday, just assumed it wasn't a sellout because it wasn't on Fox (maybe it was a last minute sellout - not sure what the deadline is for declaring a sellout).

Oh well, it works out to $6.25/game to get to watch whatever games I wanna watch for the early & late games Sunday, when I say it that way it doesn't seem too bad, lol! Can't ,miss my beloved Steelers & Lions!!!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 pm

It was on FOX locally. New blackout rules should insure that all the Lions games will be televised. At least next Sunday's game is on NBC nationside broadcast.
Speaking of Stillers, they looked bad last night. don't know when I've seen Ben miss so many passes.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

moochman wrote:It was on FOX locally. New blackout rules should insure that all the Lions games will be televised. At least next Sunday's game is on NBC nationside broadcast.
Speaking of Stillers, they looked bad last night. don't know when I've seen Ben miss so many passes.


That's weird 'cause when I put Fox Detroit on it was the WAS game (maybe they switch to another game for those outside the area???).

Yeah, Ben had that kinda deer in the headlights look, needs to shake off some rust - that O-line is a mess, really hurts to lose DeCastro for the season.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:11 pm

My understanding it was a sellout and that it was shown locally - not that I would know since I was inside Ford Field O:-) As far as I know all but 2 games are already sellouts and I would suspect that they would also sellout those games.

Some thoughts from inside Ford Field:
I had that feeling from years gone by in the 3rd quarter - this shouldn't be happening, we shouldn't be losing. I was waiting for the Lions to take the lead only to have St Louis come back and beat us on a last drive -- well, it's not your same old Lions, we turned the table and did something that is usually done to us. Not a whole lot of crowd interaction - then again based on how the game was progressing I'm not surprised - also, with it being the opening game you get a lot of 1 game only fans :^ Not sure if it was shown on TV or mentioned in the papers, but the Lions unvealed banners that now hang in Ford Field - I like it, just hope they are able to add more new ones :-B I only noticed one missed opportunity where Calvin broke past the defense and was open, other then that they did a good job of double teaming him. Smith looked good, he seemed faster than I remember but still wasn't a breakaway threat. The Stafford INTs were disappointing - the first one, even I knew where the ball was going as soon as it was snapped - he gave Titus a long staredown in the late 3rd or 4th on a missed pass over the middle. He has a lot of zip on that ball when it comes out, I'm hoping his inconsistant throws were just a game 1 thing. They were able to move the ball well, even though they didn't give up the big play on defense, they still missed a lot of opportunities to get off the field on 3rd down. At least to me it didn't seem like they had a lot of pressure on Bradford - they played solid but not how they will need to play against the better teams in the league.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15319
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

I just discovered that I get my ABC, NBC and CBS from Detroit but for some reason FOX Detroit is not available so I get that feed from Rochester. Odd!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Lions fans cost me $200!!!!!!

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm

dream_017 wrote:My understanding it was a sellout and that it was shown locally - not that I would know since I was inside Ford Field O:-) As far as I know all but 2 games are already sellouts and I would suspect that they would also sellout those games.

Some thoughts from inside Ford Field:
I had that feeling from years gone by in the 3rd quarter - this shouldn't be happening, we shouldn't be losing. I was waiting for the Lions to take the lead only to have St Louis come back and beat us on a last drive -- well, it's not your same old Lions, we turned the table and did something that is usually done to us. Not a whole lot of crowd interaction - then again based on how the game was progressing I'm not surprised - also, with it being the opening game you get a lot of 1 game only fans :^ Not sure if it was shown on TV or mentioned in the papers, but the Lions unvealed banners that now hang in Ford Field - I like it, just hope they are able to add more new ones :-B I only noticed one missed opportunity where Calvin broke past the defense and was open, other then that they did a good job of double teaming him. Smith looked good, he seemed faster than I remember but still wasn't a breakaway threat. The Stafford INTs were disappointing - the first one, even I knew where the ball was going as soon as it was snapped - he gave Titus a long staredown in the late 3rd or 4th on a missed pass over the middle. He has a lot of zip on that ball when it comes out, I'm hoping his inconsistant throws were just a game 1 thing. They were able to move the ball well, even though they didn't give up the big play on defense, they still missed a lot of opportunities to get off the field on 3rd down. At least to me it didn't seem like they had a lot of pressure on Bradford - they played solid but not how they will need to play against the better teams in the league.


Its funny but I didn't think Stafford had happy feet, but if there is such a thing as happy arm - he had it. Seemed like at least two of the INTs were passes he threw very quickly, either to avoid getting hit or showing off his quick release. I don't know. In either case he simply failed to take the time to be sure it was safe. Worrier in me thinks he is in love with his arm (and what teenager hasn't gone through that?) or he is in fear of getting hit so zips the ball out of there. Felt bad for you when I realized that the Rams and Stafford had sucked the life out of Ford Field for a long stretch there.
Could it be Stafford was prepping for the 9ers by trying to throw uber quick darts? yikes.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows


Return to Detroit Lions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:50 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact