Help with a couple Week 2 spots. WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Help with a couple Week 2 spots. WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with a couple Week 2 spots. WHIR!

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:06 pm

So I have 2 WRs and a Flex. WR 1 is Calvin Johnson. Wr 2 this week was Percy and my Flex was Doug Martin and Reggie Wayne outdid them all. Which of these 3 would you start in WR 2 and Flex next week? Standard scoring 1 ppr.

Also in another league I had C.J. Spiller on the bench (still won though :)) and was wondering if you would start him over Bradshaw or Sproles? The league counts return yards and .5 ppr so Sproles had a huge game even though he didn't really do a lot so I don't think I can bench him because if he has a good game he will score huge in this league. So it's between Bradshaw and C.J. Spiller (assuming Fred Jackson is out week 2). Spiller was the only glimmer of success against a smothering Jet's D and Bradshaw's O-Line wasn't looking too hot Wed.

Just post a link to yours and I will try my best to help you out.
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with a couple Week 2 spots. WHIR!

Postby wtr23 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Lucky for me I started Wayne this week :) It came as a bit of a shock when he put up those numbers, but when you think about it, Wayne is a vet and knows how to get the job done amongst a set of young receivers. I think he will continue to get a lot of passes coming his way, he should be a solid start. Don't know much about Doug Martin but I'll take experience as the safe pick any day. I suppose you can say the same for Harvin, he's been around the block a few times and the colts D is falling apart. I'd say its a coin toss between Wayne and Harvin, keep Megatron in as WR1.

Start spiller ahead of Bradshaw for now, since Fred Jackson is still out Spiller should see a lot of touches. The Giants run game isn't great thanks to a poor offensive line (last in the league rushing last year and not looking much better now), so maybe leave bradshaw at flex for now. Sproles is a little more valuable if you are in a PPR league, as he was the #1 receiving back in 2011 and gets most of his work done receiving. He will also be facing a weaker carolina defense, so he should get plenty of action. I'd go with Sproles and Spiller this week.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519086
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

wtr23 wrote: so maybe leave bradshaw at flex for now.

Sadly there is no flex in this league. 3 WRs and 2 RBs.
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:45 am

I like Reggie Wayne this year. Luck seems to look his way first, and Wayne was actually pretty good in a putrid offense last year. A lot of people got a steal on Wayne IMO. I would certainly consider putting him in over Percy Harvin.

If Martin was you flex, you must have some pretty good starting running backs. I would not bench Martin if I were you. He looks to be a very legit fantasy option to me.

In the other league, I think it is pretty even between Spiller and Bradshaw this week. I would say to try and play the matchups as long as Spiller is starting.

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519142
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519143
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm

VeganPhilosopher wrote:If Martin was you flex, you must have some pretty good starting running backs. I would not bench Martin if I were you. He looks to be a very legit fantasy option to me.

Ya I think I did pretty good running back wise this year. I got Steven Jackson, DeMarco Murray starting and BJGE and Benson on the bench.
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby millenniumfalcon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Sit Harvin in league 1

Play Spiller in league 2

Heres mine
viewtopic.php?t=519259
millenniumfalcon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench