Yahoo Waivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Waivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Waivers

Postby Eric21ND » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm

What do you guys set for waivers in Yahoo leagues? I've been having a lot of complaints by players. I just left the defaults in place. What is the most fair rules and time frame? It's currently set to 2 days in my league.
Eric21ND
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Waivers

Postby MPappadato » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 am

What are the specific complaints?
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Time players are on waivers:

1 days

Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list

Waiver Rule

GameTime - Tuesday

this puts the players out as soon as their game starts, and releases waiver wed morning. perfect. i cant think of a single argument against it.

good job Genie ;-D
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DEN » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 pm

shawngee03 wrote:Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list

I am getting complaints about the rolling list also. It means that If an 0-2 team put in a waiver claim last week they would be last in the queue. It's not adjusted each week in the reverse order of the standings.
So the top team could be 1st in the priority.
DEN
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Prestige Worldwide » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 pm

I perfer rolling waivers. It makes people value their waiver claims more instead of the last place team every week going willy nilly and getting the best choice.
Prestige Worldwide
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shippityship » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 pm

i put in the FAAB bidding this year and so far everyones loved it. FA's during the week up until the games start, everyones on waivers from game time til early weds morning and highest bidder gets the player.
shippityship
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:24 pm

I like blind bid - that way everyone has a shot at getting any player up for grabs
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Eric21ND » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

How does the bidding work? Never heard of that option on Yahoo.
Eric21ND
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 am

Eric21ND wrote:How does the bidding work? Never heard of that option on Yahoo.

I've only done it on Fleaflicker - in all my leagues everyone gets a $100 budget at the start of the season to bid on players. Say for example Alex Green was a FA when Benson got injured, owners would bid whatever they feel he is worth and the highest bid gets him - in this example the bids would be pretty high, for lesser players the bidding would be more conservative. Once your $100 is gone you have no money to bid for any players for the rest of the year, so some guys like to keep some money available - important to note, you can make $0 bids (this is usually done when you need a kicker or defense for your bye week, also some players with little apparent value sometimes go for $0)

I have never played blind bid on Yahoo but they do offer it - here's some details:

Description

This article explains the Free Agent Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system for Yahoo! Fantasy Sports leagues.

Resolution

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on players that are on waivers. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget.

Please note:

The FAAB does not apply to free-agent pickups. All free agents are able to be picked up on a first-come, first-serve basis, without bids.
Bids are hidden to other managers until a player clears waivers. The winning bid will display in the Transaction log. Players with multiple bids placed on them will display under "FAAB Bids" on a league's Transactions log.
In Fantasy Football, there isn't an option to have players continuously be on waivers.
The FAAB system charges you the exact amount you bid if your bid is successful. It will never automatically adjust your bid to beat any other bids by $1.
The default FAAB budget for teams is $100. The commissioner of a custom league may change this amount at any time throughout the season by using the Acquisition Budgets tool, found in the "Team Management" section of the Commish Tools page.
You can submit $0 bids, and if no one else bids more, you will be able to claim that player.
There isn't an option to force managers to make a minimum bid amount.

FAAB tiebreakers

If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, there are three tiebreaker options:

Continual rolling list: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
Reverse order of standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.
Weekly rolling list based on standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

Note: The priority list only changes when it is used to break a tie between two owners who submit identical bids. If a team submits the highest bid and the tiebreaker is not needed to award the player, the priority list remains unchanged following that claim.

To enable FAAB waivers

To change a league to a FAAB waivers system, the commissioner can do the following:

Click Commish Tools.
Click Edit League Settings.
Click the down arrow to the right of "Determine Waiver priority by:"
Select one of the FAAB options that best suits your league from the list.
Click Submit.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con ... sions=true
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Commissioner's Corner