DeAngelo Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DeAngelo Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeAngelo Williams

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 am

Dude only had 6 carries yesterday for -1 yards. Does anybody know what happened (obviously part of hit had to be shutting down the run). Game was competitive too so it seems like it had to be more than just a non-competitive game. Is anyone considering dropping him? I'm thinking of dropping him to pick up Ogletree. This isn't so much a reaction to the -1 rushing yards, it's the fact that even with an injured Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo still only got six carries. what do we think of DeAngelo for the rest of the year?
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeAngelo Williams

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Sounds like they had problems on the O-line and had no idea what to do against the TB defense:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/0 ... cause.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Also had super Mooch jinx upon him. I started DAW. :~( :,-(

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:31 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Dude only had 6 carries yesterday for -1 yards. Does anybody know what happened (obviously part of hit had to be shutting down the run). Game was competitive too so it seems like it had to be more than just a non-competitive game. Is anyone considering dropping him? I'm thinking of dropping him to pick up Ogletree. This isn't so much a reaction to the -1 rushing yards, it's the fact that even with an injured Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo still only got six carries. what do we think of DeAngelo for the rest of the year?

I really wouldn't drop him. I know this is as bad as a fantasy performance gets, but this one utterly defies explanation. Give him a couple of weeks unless you're in like an 8 team league. Leave him on the bench and see what he does for a few games. There must be someone else you can drop.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Maybe a change of scenery might do him good:

Teams check on DeAngelo Williams
Updated: October 28, 2012, 5:50 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

In recent weeks, teams around the league have contacted the Carolina Panthers to inquire about the availability of running back DeAngelo Williams, according to league sources.

Entering Sunday's game against the Bears, the 29-year-old Williams has just eight rushing attempts in the last two games for 10 yards. He carried the ball 11 times for 33 yards in the Panthers' 23-22 loss at Chicago.

For the season, he has rushed for 210 yards on 61 attempts and two touchdowns.

The biggest obstacle to any Williams trade is his contract. His $5.25 million salary this season is guaranteed, meaning any team that trades for him would be on the hook for $2.6 million in the second half of the season.

But that's still considerably less than the $19.5 million that Williams made last season, after he signed an extension that after this year still has three more seasons and $18 million on it.

Those figures would make Williams the 14th highest-paid running back in the league, but it could be a price a running back-needy team would be willing to pay by Tuesday's trade deadline.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85640 ... st-sources
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Football Talk