Blockbuster! WHIR! My Mcfadden or McCoy for Julio Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Blockbuster! WHIR! My Mcfadden or McCoy for Julio Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Blockbuster! WHIR! My Mcfadden or McCoy for Julio Jones

Postby jm968859 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Ok so this is the deal. I just got offered Julio Jones for either LeSean Mccoy or Darren McFadden. They were my first two picks. Standard, 10 team, non-ppr by the way. Here is my lineup-

QB Matt Ryan
RB Darren McFadden
RB LeSean McCoy
WR Percy Harvin
WR A.J. Green
TE Antonio Gates
W/R Stevan Ridley
BENCH
Jay Cutler QB
Michael Bush RB
Kevin Smith RB
Miles Austin WR
Robert Meachem WR
Greg Olsen TE

The Matt Ryan-Julio Jones connection all year is so tempting...what do you guys think? LEAVE THE LINK TO YOUR POST! Thanks!
jm968859
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Blockbuster! WHIR! My Mcfadden or McCoy for Julio Jones

Postby LeftOfNormal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Definitely do not trade away McCoy. I wouldn't do this with either one, personally, because I am proceeding under the assumption that McFadden will be healthy down the stretch. However, if you are really down on McFadden and think he will be dealing with injuries for a large portion of the season, I wouldn't blame you for pulling the trigger with him. Keep in mind though, that unless McFadden misses significant amounts of time this season, trading him for Julio will undoubtedly end up being a mathematical mistake for you.

Also, take the combo out of the equation when you're considering this. It's fun to get 12+ points per TD from a QB/WR combo, but they offer no practical advantage over a combination of an equally good QB and equally good WR on different teams. Don't sell out to get one.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=519216
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jay0582 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

No Way! ... and its not close... julio is no where near worth what mccoy is, its closer with mcfadden but not really... this is a terrible trade for you... maybe counter with mcfaddn for julio and another good player on his team but I would just stand pat personally
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LeftOfNormal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 pm

jay0582 wrote:No Way! ... and its not close... julio is no where near worth what mccoy is, its closer with mcfadden but not really... this is a terrible trade for you... maybe counter with mcfaddn for julio and another good player on his team but I would just stand pat personally

I disagree that it's not even close.

Calvin Johnson put up 254 fantasy points in standard scoring last year to McCoy's 270 and Ray Rice's 283. McFadden missed 9 games and put up 100. There are no convincing reasons why Julio can't reach the level of productivity that Calvin Johnson did last year, and even if he doesn't, he should easily outproduce McFadden if he misses a lot of time. Like I said above, this is a pure bet against Darren McFadden's health. I've got 1 league buy-in on him staying healthy most of this season, but taking the opposite view is 100% defensible.
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dublin1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm

I would make the trade for McFadden but NOT McCoy.

viewtopic.php?t=519219
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kardiac Arrest » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Hang tight, you're pretty solid at WR, stud RBs are hard to come by. You're WRs are more than adequate, besides Green is a stud in his own right and Harvin will put up good enough numbers to go along with DMC and McCoy.
2010 Tremont FF (auction, PPR): League Champion
2010 NRFL League Runner Up: 9-7
2011 NRFL (keeper, contracts, PPR) 5th place finish: 8-6
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein" - Joe Theisman
Kardiac Arrest
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jay0582 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 pm

LeftOfNormal wrote:
jay0582 wrote:No Way! ... and its not close... julio is no where near worth what mccoy is, its closer with mcfadden but not really... this is a terrible trade for you... maybe counter with mcfaddn for julio and another good player on his team but I would just stand pat personally

Calvin Johnson put up 254 fantasy points in standard scoring last year to McCoy's 270 and Ray Rice's 283. McFadden missed 9 games and put up 100. There are no convincing reasons why Julio can't reach the level of productivity that Calvin Johnson did last year, and even if he doesn't, he should easily outproduce McFadden if he misses a lot of time. Like I said above, this is a pure bet against Darren McFadden's health. I've got 1 league buy-in on him staying healthy most of this season, but taking the opposite view is 100% defensible.

There is no convincing reason why Julio can't reach Megatrons level of production from last year??? So you are already penciling in Julio Jones for 1681 yards and 16 td's?? I'll take the under on both and give you 2 to 1 odds. Julio could easily have numbers like 1200 yards and 12 tds, but i dont see 1700 and 16
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby shoof08 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Dublin1 wrote:I would make the trade for McFadden but NOT McCoy.

viewtopic.php?t=519219

X2. If you end up trading McFadden your WRs would be truly ELITE.

help with mine?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519274
shoof08
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LeftOfNormal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 pm

jay0582 wrote:
LeftOfNormal wrote:

There is no convincing reason why Julio can't reach Megatrons level of production from last year??? So you are already penciling in Julio Jones for 1681 yards and 16 td's?? I'll take the under on both and give you 2 to 1 odds. Julio could easily have numbers like 1200 yards and 12 tds, but i dont see 1700 and 16

Yes, there is no convincing reason why Julio Jones can't reach Calvin Johnson's level of production from last year. You are mistaken if you think that statement means I'm "penciling him in" for 1681 and 16tds. We're talking ceilings here. I'm saying Julio Jones's ceiling is '11 Megatron. I'm also saying Julio's floor is better than an injury-ridden season from McFadden which, again, is why I think this trade is justifiable as a pure bet against McFadden's health. I do agree with you that the OP should expect another player to be packaged with Julio.
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fierro33 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Julio for DMC is reasonable but i wouldnt give up DMC....WR is deep this year, RB is not....DMC has just as much potential as does Julio...keep DMC

mccoy is out of the question

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519242&p=3455832#p3455832
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions