Burned by Holt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Burned by Holt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burned by Holt

Postby Phinphan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:12 pm

How many of you were burned in the playoffs by Holt not showing up on Monday night. I lost in the first round of the playoffs for two reason. Holt catch 31 yards worth of passes. 1/4th his average, and Garcia goes off for 6 TD's for my opponent. I lost by 1.40 points after finishing 12-1 and scoring on average 10 points more a game than the second best team. Did anyone else have this sort of disappointing end to anotherwise great season?
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:08 pm

holt was limping around alot so i think he was having touble moving some. I also think cleveland really zoned in on him and left bruce for all the good catches. I got burned also, but its hard to complain about the number 1-2 fantasy reciever, hes won me a couple games so ill cut him some slack.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kashikis » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:48 pm

You guys forget that Cleveland has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. They were ranked #1 for a long time agaqinst the pass. That coupled with the slight injury that had Holt gimping around and it equals a whole lot of mediocre play from an all-pro WR.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Phinphan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:17 pm

I agree, but come on..31 yards. This guy should have had 60-70 yards easy..He was a huge no show.. dropped two balls, and Bulger just plain sucked. Missed him twice on easy competions.
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dihall » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:38 pm

I was burned too, I guess! I was already loosing by some God awful amount, just hoped Holt could at least make the loss a little more bearable. Opponent had Bruce and ended up beating me by 50 instead of 40. OUCH!!! I had Garcia on my bench too! Go figure! I am in first place still, but one more loss could drop me all the way down to 3rd, at least, because of my recent low scoring games! I feel your pain! :~(

QBs: Manning, Garcia, Carr
RBs: R. Williams, L. Betts, T.J. Ducket, T. Barber
WRs: M. Harrison, T. Holt, J. Horn, A. Toomer, D. Mason, R. Wayne
TEs: S. Sharpe, A. Crumpler
K: M. Andersen
D Flex: Strahan, Dhani Jones, D. Sharper

Plays 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 Off. Flex, 1K, 3 D. Flex each game

Sandbox league, non-keeper, head-to-head, 10 team league
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:05 pm

I wasn't directly burned/helped, but one guy in my league was up by only 3 with his opponent having Holt left. He made a fairwell post to the league and wished us all good luck. Little did he know Holt would only end up with 2 fantasy points...needless to say, he's still in it

$150 superbowl pot at stake, 4 teams left
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:06 pm

Browns are the absolute LAST team you want to start your fantasy QB and WR's against.

Don't take the loss so hard, and don't blame a stud like Holt for your loss. Everyone wants to win, but the challenge is what we're all in it for. Players go Portis some weeks, some weeks they Chad Johnson all over you.

My team had a horrendous week, but our playoffs start this week and I have a bye. I've been the highest scoring team by far, but I got crushed by the Portis/Lewis owner. In our low-scoring system, he put up 100 points, that has never been done in our league before. He doesn't make the playoffs, however. The 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams did not qualify for the playoffs (6 of 10 go).
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk