Gore for McGahee and Blackmon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Gore for McGahee and Blackmon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gore for McGahee and Blackmon?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 pm

12 team standard scoring no PPR. We start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 TE, 1 rb/wr/te, K & Def

Gore had a nice game week 1, but is it worth the risk of him staying healthy? I wasn't very high on the pick when I made it and was pleasantly surprised by his performance week 1...but i like Blackmon and I think I could do a lot worse than McGahee. Should I hold onto Gore or pull the trigger? Besides Gore my other rbs are Foster, R. Bush, Alf Morris, Ryan Williams, and Roy Helu. My wrs are Jennings (who is questionable for thursdays game), V. Cruz, S. Holmes, Mike Williams, Davon Bess. What do you guys think? I scored by far the most points in my league week 1 (Matt Ryan is my qb and I had the Texans D and Nate Kaeding) so I feel like maybe I should just sit on my team, but I feel thin at wr..especially if Jennings is out this Thursday.
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore for McGahee and Blackmon?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 am

Bump

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dajonx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 am

Any one in FA that you're interested in?

I would try to trade Gore for a legit WR1. For me, I personally don't really like 1:2 trades since I would have to drop someone anyways.
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)

Re: Re: Gore for McGahee and Blackmon?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:50 am

dajonx wrote:Any one in FA that you're interested in?

I would try to trade Gore for a legit WR1. For me, I personally don't really like 1:2 trades since I would have to drop someone anyways.

I would drop bess, helu, or Williams.

TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BoltSpeedman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 am

I think I would do this trade, but I also think you could get an even better trade. I hate Gore and think he will be derailed by an injury or just by fatigue by week 6. Find someone high on gore and take advantage

help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519452
BoltSpeedman
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Re: Gore for McGahee and Blackmon?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 am

BoltSpeedman wrote:I think I would do this trade, but I also think you could get an even better trade. I hate Gore and think he will be derailed by an injury or just by fatigue by week 6. Find someone high on gore and take advantage

help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519452

This is how I feel for the most part but he did only get 16 carries last week. If you want to look at that glass half full, maybe this keeps him healthy. If you want to look at it the other way, he probably won't produce like that if he's getting that amount of carries.

Oh and it looks like Jennings officially isn't playing this Thursday

TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goose in my step » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 pm

i wouldnt do this trade. i would seek a better offer for gore now that his value is high... i think he will stay healthy but 15 carries a game isnt enough for reliable fantasy production
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby Mean One » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

goose in my step wrote:i wouldnt do this trade. i would seek a better offer for gore now that his value is high...

Agreed. ;-D

Blackmon is a rookie and will have his ups and downs with that Jaguar offense. You can get better value than Blackmon and MaGahee in a trade for Gore.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby dtownsound8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I agree with you on not doing the 1:2 deal.

There's bound to be someone high on Gore after week 1. Maybe try trading him for Ryan Mathews.

You're deep enough at RB to where you can sit out briefly waiting for Mathews to heal up (start him by week 3 I'm guessing).

Don't forget what he did last year when he was healthy and his injury this time around had nothing to do with this legs. Anyone can break a collarbone. I don't relate that to him being prone to injury and before that happened everyone was drafting him early to mid first round

Mine?

viewtopic.php?t=519499
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions