Wes Welker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wes Welker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Wes Welker

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

Wes Welker led all Patriots wideouts in snaps played during Week 3.
With Aaron Hernandez (ankle) sidelined, the Patriots went back to a three-wide formation as their base. Then Julian Edelman (hand) went down and Welker ended up playing on 71-of-82 snaps. He piled up eight catches for 142 yards, showing he has plenty of juice left. Welker has a plus matchup with the Bills next week.
Source: ESPN Boston
Sep 24 - 9:51 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

If you watched Welker he did some great things Sunday night. The types of great things only the best do. The little things. Brady fumbles and who jumos on the ball only to be smashed by 2 DL from Balt....yup little Welker did. No hesitation. He helped in blocking he ran crisp routes and got separation most of the time.

If Belicheat doesnt see that he is their number one WR he shouldnt be coaching. I believe Belicheat already cost them a game because of not playing Welker. Seems he finally got it this week.

Now Belicheat is desperate to win so my bet is Welker plays.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 am

I agree with most of what you said CB4L, Welker does all the "dirty work" you could ask.

However, I think this is more McDouchebag than The Hoody.... Wonderboy thinks he's the greatest offensive football mind in history... IDC who you are, 100+ catches a season is an accomplishment, not every one can do it - and Welker has shown that it's not a milestone, it's a benchmark for him. If the Patriots want to divorce themselves from that, shame on them.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/w ... ntroversy/

^

Another interesting read on Mr. Welker, who, despite 3 consecutive 100+ yards days is still oft time mentioned as a "sell high" canidate in the fantasy footabll community (even though he's on pace for 120+/1500+)...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 am

Sex Panther wrote:http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/wes-welkers-typically-stellar-production-going-somewhat-unnoticed-amid-weekly-overblown-controversy/

^

Another interesting read on Mr. Welker, who, despite 3 consecutive 100+ yards days is still oft time mentioned as a "sell high" canidate in the fantasy footabll community (even though he's on pace for 120+/1500+)...
Brady knows where his bread gets buttered. I see no reason to expect anything other than business as usual, even when Hernandez/Edelman return.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 pm

The Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard reports free agent Wes Welker is "very likely" to sign with the Broncos.
Per Yahoo's Mike Silver, the deal is "almost done." It's either the biggest move of free agency, or one of the most daring leverage plays in recent memory. If it goes down, it would certainly flip the balance of power from the Patriots to the Broncos at the (tip) top of the AFC. Welker would be a seismic upgrade on Brandon Stokley. The Patriots could turn to Julian Edelman or Danny Amendola to replace Welker at slot receiver.
Source: Greg A. Bedard on Twitter
Mar 13 - 3:27 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... ery-likely
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am

Wow for 1 million they let him loose. Ill bet Brady is pissed because he probably thought his contribution in lowering his salary was to keep Welker. Not they replace him with Amendola who is always hurt. I will say if Amendola stays healthy he will put up massive numbers though
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Wow for 1 million they let him loose. Ill bet Brady is pissed because he probably thought his contribution in lowering his salary was to keep Welker. Not they replace him with Amendola who is always hurt. I will say if Amendola stays healthy he will put up massive numbers though

Massive numbers, huh?
Well then for you my friend, he is available I. The FTDL! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Does Welker cover deep? I can see the pinball like excitement of Welker going to Denver, but is that what was missing there?* Hurts the Pats a lot, love Amendola but not sure if he handle the game anymore.

*And dagnabbit! what is this going to do to Decker's value?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm of the opinion here that this could be epic for Peyton (I mean, Denver). I don't think it's a matter of whether milk toast fills a particular void in Denver's offense so much as he can be a person that keeps Manning on the field. Welker is a smart guy, has worked with a smart QB for years, runs a good route and makes catches. And if he gets to Denver fast and can play catch with Peyton all summer, my PPR love for Welker just got a bump.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk