Am I crazy for getting Hill and McCluster instead? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Am I crazy for getting Hill and McCluster instead?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I crazy for getting Hill and McCluster instead?

Postby Meugenio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 am

Instead of Ogletree and Morris?

I am in a PPR league and just trusted the surer #2 target (Hill) and I hate Shannahan's running carousel. I'm pretty set with my top 4 RBs and since I think McCluster will be a part of the offense all season I can plug him in at WR or RB (flexibility like that is a plus)
Meugenio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Am I crazy for getting Hill and McCluster instead?

Postby BoltSpeedman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 am

I think both McCluster and Ogletree are players who will have decent games the vast majority of the time in which won't be worth a start and only occasionally will produce big enough to matter. So I don't see the big difference between the 2. ( I would rather have mccluster for the versatility). And Shannahans backfield is to crazy for me to ever want to start one of the RB's but I would rather have Morris then Hill. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

help

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519452
BoltSpeedman
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am

i would (and did) pick up McCluster and Morris from those choices...They have the most upside imo, and the most potential for sustained success. They're all lottery tickets this early in the season. (if Cobb is there, i like him better than all 4)

Mccluster-plenty of touches, and can be a RB or Wr in yahoo leagues.
Morris-could be the next shanahan 1000 yard RB or could be the next shanahan rb circus.
Ogletree-He's still the 4th best option on the cowboys, behind Dez, Austin, and Witten. Week 1 will show other teams that they have to account for him on defense, and i think that will slow him down and open things up for the other options in Dallas.
Hill-I still dont trust Sanchez as a passer. Teams will make adjustments. i think they caught Buffalo by suprise, Buffalo was geared up to stop the run and allowed NYJ to pass.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 am

I personally would rather have McCluster than ogletree, so i'm down with your logic
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Meugenio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am

LSUby50 wrote:i would (and did) pick up McCluster and Morris from those choices...They have the most upside imo, and the most potential for sustained success. They're all lottery tickets this early in the season. (if Cobb is there, i like him better than all 4)

Morris-could be the next shanahan 1000 yard RB or could be the next shanahan rb circus.
Ogletree-He's still the 4th best option on the cowboys, behind Dez, Austin, and Witten. Week 1 will show other teams that they have to account for him on defense, and i think that will slow him down and open things up for the other options in Dallas.
Hill-I still dont trust Sanchez as a passer. Teams will make adjustments. i think they caught Buffalo by suprise, Buffalo was geared up to stop the run and allowed NYJ to pass.

I drafted Cobb :)
Meugenio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Meugenio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 am

LSUby50 wrote:i would (and did) pick up McCluster and Morris from those choices...They have the most upside imo, and the most potential for sustained success. They're all lottery tickets this early in the season. (if Cobb is there, i like him better than all 4)

Also, though I know this is a different Washington team, their running game has been in the bottom 5 the past few years.
Meugenio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 am

Is it any worse than NYJ passing game the last few years? Im just not buying the jets yet. They were terrible all preseason and i think they caught buffalo off guard. That being said, i think washington also caught N.O. by suprise. Saints were expecting a much more conservative offense, had tons of off-field distractions, and generally just have an awful defense. So i can see how Morris could flop, but so far he looks like a work horse RB.

I think RG3 could give washington new life, and if he's anywhere near what he did last week, should have a solid offense and running game. I guess im betting on RG3 over Sanchez.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Meugenio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Thoughts?
Meugenio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions