Dropping Reuben Randle in a Dynasty? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dropping Reuben Randle in a Dynasty?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dropping Reuben Randle in a Dynasty?

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 am

Sometimes in fantasy football I think I go crazy. I'm in a 10-team 10 PPR Dynasty League and am seriously thinking about dropping Reuben Randle for Mikel Leshoure. My team is hurting a little at RB as Trich is taking his time to do his thing so Im thinking I need to look at Leshoure helping me in the not too distant future.

So am I going crazy with this mindset?

My team:

QB-Stafford,Vick
RB-Rice,Trich,D.Brown, D.Wilson, R.Williams
WR-Marshall, Nelson, Lloyd, A.Brown, Torrey Smith, Randle, Lafell, A.Jeffrey, McCluster, Moore
TE-Graham, Fleener
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dropping Reuben Randle in a Dynasty?

Postby dtownsound8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 pm

I would, purely because of your depth and in a dynasty league, I figure Leshoure to be the lead back in Detroit. Their offense is pretty darn solid and their defense really needs help in the secondary. If they don't address this in the draft and free agency (as they should have the last two seasons) I'd be amazed. Maybe I'm off on this but I think there's a decent chance over the next two years that Detroit's defense looks better and better. Their front 7 are already solid. My assumption here is they'd use their passing game (something that they briefly showed in preseason that Leshoure will be a part of) to get a lead and use the running game to slow down the pace and hold it, much like Washington did. That's what the Lions have stubbornly attempted to do the last few seasons without the run blocking or solid runner to be able to support it, which to me is why it seems they tend to let teams back in the game when they're already well ahead.

Best is one more hit to the head from having his career ended for him and Smith is as injury prone as they come. Leshoure is supposed to be the kind of between the tackles runner the Lions have been looking for. I like his future better than Randle's and he's in a better position based on your roster to help you when you need it (once his suspension is served that is).

Thanks for the help with mine.
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions