Sproles/DHB for Martin/Thomas? - WHIR 100%!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Sproles/DHB for Martin/Thomas? - WHIR 100%!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sproles/DHB for Martin/Thomas? - WHIR 100%!!!!!

Postby dtownsound8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:49 am

I'm thinking of offering Darren Sproles and Darrius Heyward-Bey for Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas.

What are your thoughts on this?

I would much prefer to make a move for Julio Jones but my guess is I'd have to somehow give up Ray Rice to make that happen, and I'm not all about that. Unless you see another way that I'm missing?

12 Team
Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Unique Scoring - 0.25 PPR, points for yardage are halved (1 pt for 20 yards rushing/receiving... 1 pt for 50 yards passing)

Essentially from a PRR to yardage ratio, this is weighted the same as 0.5 PPR with standard scoring... this set-up also means that TDs are weighted heavier in scoring being that they aren't nerfed like yards are. This changes the dynamics of things a little. For example, Sproles was the #4 scoring back in our league last year in terms of overall fantasy points.

Before you all comment on having 2 DEFs and 2 TE's we have deep benches (9) and transactions are $5 each... In the later rounds, there's nobody worth grabbing that would be more beneficial than having 2 DEFs to play matchups with and I rostered a 2nd Kicker to save me the $5, as everyone else in the leage does. I also realize that with this logic, I *should* be rostering another TE. There's just not anyone out there I'd ever start over Gronk where with Kickers and D/ST I can play matchups.

So here's what I'm weighing out:

I already wasn't sold on DHB and after watching them play the other night, Palmer wasn't even going through his reads to look DHBs way. Looks like the O-Line was collapsing and he had 1 or two receivers he was looking for, and DMAC was one of them.

I like Demaryius Thomas but I wasn't sure how Manning was going to look. He proved a lot of people wrong the other night. It doesn't look like the clear #1 has been established on Denver (Decker or Thomas) but either way I'd be banking on Thomas making a consistantly worthy WR3, which I don't think DHB is gonna be.

The risk here is that I'm high on Sproles especially with these settings. Nice TD count and he gets a lot of receptions. I don't know enough about Martin nor how strong Tampa's offense is gonna be this year for me to really guage how much I'm downgrading at RB to upgrade at WR3.

This is just about the only team in this league that's ever down for trading so I'll show both our rosters. If there's a different move you'd suggest, lemme know.

The other option here is just to sit tight and maybe move Ogletree to WR3. Let's be honest, Ogletree is not going to have 4th and 5th string DBs covering him all season... but then again he did prove himself worthy of looks from Romo, which Romo himself has commented on how hard Ogletree works in practice. The jury is still out on whether or note O-Tree is this year's Robinson.

Or maybe would you be asking for Gore instead of Martin?

MY TEAM
QB - Michael Vick, RG3
WR - Victor Cruz, Pierre Garcon, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Ogletree, Austin Collie, Danny Amendola
RB - Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Jacquizz Rodgers, Toby Gerhart, David Wilson
TE - Rob Gronkowski
K - Connor Barth, Adam Vinatieri
D/ST - Jets, Eagles

HIS TEAM
QB - Cam Newton, Philip Rivers
WR - Julio Jones, Hakeem Nicks, Demaryius Thomas, Mike Williams, Santonio Holmes
RB - Doug Martin, Frank Gore, Rashad Jennings, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Hillman
TE - Jermaine Gresham, Greg Olson
K - Garrett Hartley, Shayne Graham
D/ST - Patriots, Cardinals
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sproles/DHB for Martin/Thomas? - WHIR 100%!!!!!

Postby werbs » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm

I think I would definitely make the trade. Doug Martin is going to take on a HUGE workload every week and Thomas and Manning seem to be starting what looks like the beginning of a bromance. It's too early to tell who is the established WR1 on the Broncos, but I like Thomas emerging as the guy who gets the most looks from Manning.

I think I would make the trade...
10 team non PPR league

My team:
QB: Brady
RB: Rice
RB: T. Rich
WR:B. Marshall
WR:D. Moore
TE:Hernandez
FX: Stewart
D:Vikings
K:Hanson

Bench:
Freeman
M. Bush
Murray
Britt
Antonio Brown
Gresham
Keller
werbs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goose in my step » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

take the trade. both players u are getting in return or an upgrade on wat u are giving up
martin will be the workhorse this season and thomas will have a nice season with manning at qb
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby dwaustin14 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Make that trade for sure. It's maybe a slight downgrade at RB, but definite upgrade at WR.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=519521
dwaustin14
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dunc182 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Tough call because I like Sproles a lot. I don't think I would do it though. If you are sold on Martin pull the trigger but I am not yet. Thomas looks to be a beast.
dunc182
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I would hate to trade sproles in any form of PPR but its worth it for you. I would do it.

viewtopic.php?t=519454
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ragnar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I really like this trade for you. I like Sproles but don't like that they have Ingram and Thomas there too. Martin will be the workhorse and Thomas will continue to produce with Manning thowing him the ball regardless of Decker being there too. I would absolutley pull the trigger on this one.

Please return the favor:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=519577
Ragnar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DTMan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Hey man,

I think this kills for you so much I don't see how the other guy guys for it. I think dhb is almost droppable and I think you'd be upgrading at both positions. Are there really people who prefer Sproles to Martin and DHB to Thomas?
DTMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions