Trade with Jackson owner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade with Jackson owner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade with Jackson owner?

Postby Tim Riggins » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

The guy who has Fred Jackson in my league has contacted me, saying he wants to replace him and he "doesn't care how much it costs." He contacted me because I have a glut of starting RBs (Forte, S. Jackson, Bradshaw, Ridley - can start 2 + flex). I'm in a .5 PPR.

Which of my RBs would you look to deal? I can make arguments for and against any of them. And what do you think of asking for F. Jackson back in the deal, not knowing what his status is? It could be a great buy-low or it could blow up in my face.
Tim Riggins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade with Jackson owner?

Postby goose in my step » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm

offer bradshaw cause of his inconsistency and injury history. forte and s jax are reliable week in week out
ridley looks like he might be in store for a huge season running in a tom brady offense

idk wat his team looks like so i cant really say wat u should ask in return
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby Tim Riggins » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 pm

He's got some non-RB talent (Hillis is the best of his non-Jackson RBs). Here are his players I'm interested in, with their counterparts on my team in parentheses:

QB: Brady (Rivers, RGIII)
WR: Marshall, Austin, Boldin (Megatron, Nicks, D. Moore, Wright)
TE: Gates (Olsen)
Tim Riggins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goose in my step » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 pm

i would target marshall or gates. idk if he would agree to bradshaw straight up tho. especially if he really values draft order. some ppl look at were u drafted the players
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby Tim Riggins » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks for all your help, man.

See, I don't know that Marshall helps me that much. He'd be my third-best receiver by my calculations. I could still start him at flex, but that would push one of my RBs to the bench. That's probably not worth it to me in terms of what I'd have to give up.

I actually took Bradshaw ahead of Gates, but I still don't know if he'd make that move. Brady is who I'm really after, but I might have to give up more than I'd like.

What do you think about asking for Jackson back in a trade?
Tim Riggins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Bradshaw for sure, I would also target Marshall, there will be weeks where you will need to start a WR at flex (RB bye weeks), and I'm not all that confident in SJax that line isn't great, I would look to trade him as well, but I'd ship Bradshaw first.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby jcb2020 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:08 pm

I'd go after Marshall...Not sure about your calculations but I think he trumps Nelson and Harvin. Nelson may be limited this season because Pack have no Running game and can play deeper thus limiting his big play ability. I'd trade Ridley and get even more in return. Vereen returns soon doesn't he for Pats? Will he cut into Ridley's time/carries? tough call....Marshall imo will be top 5 wr this year.
jcb2020
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:22 pm

jcb2020 wrote:I'd go after Marshall...Not sure about your calculations but I think he trumps Nelson and Harvin. Nelson may be limited this season because Pack have no Running game and can play deeper thus limiting his big play ability. I'd trade Ridley and get even more in return. Vereen returns soon doesn't he for Pats? Will he cut into Ridley's time/carries? tough call....Marshall imo will be top 5 wr this year.

Hes saying behind Megatron and Nicks. I agree with behind Megatron, I don't this there's anyone ahead of him, but I think Marshall might trump Nicks.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions