Need some help with my offense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need some help with my offense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need some help with my offense

Postby xotoxi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm going up against the best team in the league and I'd like to maximize my offense. My QB is Romo and TE is Gronk without question. But WR and RB is still up in the air.

Here's the layout: WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R/T

Points: 10 yards/point, and 6 points per TD for both rush and rec.

Here are my players:

WR: Mike Wallace, Lance Moore, Brandon Walsh, Kevin Ogletree
RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Williams, Jonathan Stewart.

***As it is right now, I have Wallace, Moore, McCoy, McFadden, and Charles in the starting slots. Would you make any changes?***

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm a beginner and I'm still learning the ropes.
xotoxi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some help with my offense

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:18 am

Romo and Gronk are very good options, so its nice to have those two spots locked up.

RB: I would go McCoy and McFadden every week as long as they are wearing pads at game time. Without hesitation. Those are two studs. You do not bench them, ever, IMO.

I would use Charles as your flex. RB makes better flex than WR in most cases, and especially in your case. Lynch could give him a run for his money when he gets healthy.

WR: Not thrilled with any of those options. There is no real WR1 here IMO. Since you are so stacked at RB, I might try to trade Marshawn Lynch or Jamal Charles for a quality WR (you cannot start both of them). At the very least keep an eye on the waiver wire for potential upside WRs. Good move picking up Ogletree, keep an eye on how he does this week before starting him though.

I would probably go Wallace and Moore in your situation, but I see them as marginal WR2s at best.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the help with mine. Good luck.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby jindigo3 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 am

im in complete agreement with vegan! that reply said it all...definitely look into getting stronger wr...to be honest i would bench all your wr if i had something else to go with..i know you dont have much choice at this point so i would say don't change your line up ..that's the best your gonna do with out making some WR changes... thanks for your help!
jindigo3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xotoxi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks to both of you for some wicked excellent help.

I agree I need to upgrade my WR...but who do you suggest I try trading for? I'm willing to trade Lynch, but I 'm not sure who to ask for.
xotoxi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jindigo3 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:47 am

hmmm im not the greatest at matching rankings between 2 positions for a trade...your definitely not going to get a top wr...if you do..i want to be in your league lol...i'm thinking the percy harvin maybe reggie wayne area?? aj green??? those are just some ideas...if you are close the the people in your league like me (my work buddies)...i would kinda feel them out a bit...start at the high end of ranks and work your way down..good luck and i hope everything works out for you
jindigo3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xotoxi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am

jindigo3 wrote:hmmm im not the greatest at matching rankings between 2 positions for a trade...your definitely not going to get a top wr...if you do..i want to be in your league lol...i'm thinking the percy harvin maybe reggie wayne area?? aj green??? those are just some ideas...if you are close the the people in your league like me (my work buddies)...i would kinda feel them out a bit...start at the high end of ranks and work your way down..good luck and i hope everything works out for you

I just proposed Lynch and Jonathan Stewart for Calvin Johnson.

If it works out, I'll invite you to our league next year.
xotoxi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BigFin13 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 am

I hate not to be more informative, but I definitely agree with Vegan despite the fact that I personally love to consume animal products, lol! Vegan is right, roll with what he said.

Thanks for helping with mine! ;-D
BigFin13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:08 am

xotoxi wrote:
jindigo3 wrote:hmmm im not the greatest at matching rankings between 2 positions for a trade...your definitely not going to get a top wr...if you do..i want to be in your league lol...i'm thinking the percy harvin maybe reggie wayne area?? aj green??? those are just some ideas...if you are close the the people in your league like me (my work buddies)...i would kinda feel them out a bit...start at the high end of ranks and work your way down..good luck and i hope everything works out for you

I just proposed Lynch and Jonathan Stewart for Calvin Johnson.

If it works out, I'll invite you to our league next year.

I doubt that trade goes through, but if it does you got a great deal.

I think Lynch is worth a WR1 though, just not the best WR in the league. You should be able to get a WR like Colston or Jennings or Wayne for Lynch. Do not take anything less than a WR you can start every week, as RB is usually worth more than WR.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby TheGinner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:19 am

Vegan gave great advice. Pay attention to that post.

I think a Wayne --> Lynch trade would be perfectly acceptable. I still think Wayne is going to get all of Luck's looks and have a lot better year than he got drafted for.

However, I would look for the team that needs the most RB help.... and target their best WR before you just pick and choose names that match up with Lynch or Stewart...

Always make the other team feel they are getting the better end of the deal :-°

FYI - I got Wayne in the 9th round of my league..... I could never imagine Lynch falling THAT far. So I think the Wayne owner would instantly accept.... Target the AJ Greens/Andre Johnsons first
TheGinner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jindigo3 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:55 am

absolutely! agree with these replies as well! if you get that trade that you proposed i absolutely would love to be in that league next year! good luck this year!
jindigo3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench