Britt, Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LaFell - Pick 2 *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Britt, Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LaFell - Pick 2 *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Britt, Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LaFell - Pick 2 *WHIR*

Postby NastyNard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah pretty much what the topic says. I'm in a .5 PPR league, and it looks like Jennings will be out for game2.

Torrey Smith - @Phi
LaFell - NO
Britt - @SD
Jeffery - @GB

Here are my current thoughts:

Smith - I like him overall, but he had a bad game last week, and the Eagles are looking like a tough def for a WR to face. I'm currently starting him but not liking it.

LaFell - He's coming off a good game and NO has a pretty bad secondary. He looks good to me but I'm still hesitant.

Britt - I really want to start him...but I'm not sure I can logically support it. I gambled on him with my second WR pick, and I think he has the potential to be great, but he is coming off of a long injury, so who knows? I think he has a pretty decent matchup though.

Jeffery - I just picked him up off waivers yesterday. I think he's got some upside, and if the game against the Packs ends up becoming a shoot-out, he could have a good week. I'm still nervous to start him however, because he did get far less targets than Marshall in week 1

So, I'd really appreciate some help, as my thoughts are obviously conflicted right now. This is the decision that will make or break me this week.
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Britt, Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LaFell - Pick 2 *WHIR*

Postby NastyNard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Bump. I know this is a tricky pick, but any opinions would be helpful to me so long as you explain the reasoning, and I'll make sure to help in return
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NastyNard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 am

Bump...
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 am

I like LaFell vs the Saints. Should be able to work weaker coverage.

Torrey Smith is facing Asoumgha, but the eagles do occasionally give up the big play through the air. If you wanna gamble on a high upside pick, go with Smith. High risk/reward.

Jeffery I like in a possible shoot out vs the packers. Marshall will command Woodson and extra coverages, so I think he could have a similar 3-4 catch game with a TD.

So, LaFell and smith if your swinging for the fences, or LaFell n Jeffery if you wanna play it safe.

help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519708&p=3457843#p3457843
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby jindigo3 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 am

if i were you i would go out on a limb here with lafell...he's looked good last week and saints secondary is looking pretty weak...why not the others?...well britt i'm excited about but he's supposedly on a limited snap count for his first game back..i would wait to see how he's recovered from knee surgery last year...as for smith..i like him as well but i think philly will shut him down ..their secondary is looking pretty strong...i think smith will be cold for this one..stick with lafell for week 2 but i definitely think that britt and smith will shine eventually...just not this week! can you help me?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519755#p3458067
jindigo3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NastyNard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:22 am

Alright thanks guys. I'm thinking I'll go with LaFell then for my first slot, but I could still use some advice on the next one. It seems sort of like the situation is Jeffery = low risk, moderate reward, Smith = medium risk, highish reward, Britt = ???

I'm leaning towards Britt of course because I'm ballsy as hell.

And I'll make sure to help out in return, but it might have to be this afternoon when I get out of class
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NastyNard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

This is my last bump, but i could use a few more replies!
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NastyNard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 pm

bump. i lied
NastyNard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench