Garcon or Miles. WHiR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Garcon or Miles. WHiR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Garcon or Miles. WHiR

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 am

Garcon looks like the main man in DC, recording 4 catches for 100 yards and a TD in the first quarter of Washington's week one win over New Orleans. This is an offense that is kind to #1 WRs (see the currently unemployed Jabar Gaffney's production last year for example). Garcon is more talented than any wideout the 'skins have had in recent memory, and I especially love his YAC ability. Also, I like the QB situation in DC better than in previous years, obviously.

The main concern with Garcon is the foot injury that kept him out of the final three quarters of the New Orleans game and practice on Wednesday. Shanny said it is "like turf toe but not in his toe," whatever that means. Garcon says he will play. Who really knows though?

Austin I actually like a lot. Romo seems to trust him, and he is usually pretty reliable when he plays. He has a TD in 4 of his past 5 games, so you have to like those odds.

The main concern with Austin is that Dallas has a lot of other good options: Witten, Dez, and now Ogletree. Somebody will likely get lost in the shuffle as Dez and Witten did last week. It certainly looks like Dallas has a good passing game, but who will get what percentage of the targets remains to be seen. Austin was invisible in the first half last week, although Romo did look to him a lot in crunch time.

Both players look to be pretty good, and both are coming off good weeks. This is a tough one for me. I do also have the option of putting one of them in as a flex instead of Trent Richardson, so that is something else to consider if you want, although I hate to bench a RB for a WR. If you think otherwise, let me know. It is a 0.5 PPR format with bonuses for 100 yard games, which might make a difference here.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this. As always, I WHiR just put a link in your post.
Last edited by VeganPhilosopher on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Garcon or Miles. WHiR

Postby fish228 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:57 am

Kinda a toss up but if it was me if garcon plays i would play him

viewtopic.php?t=519735
fish228
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby beastykato » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:11 am

Yeah, Garcon as long as his foot issue isn't an issue come gameday.
QB: M. Stafford, T. Pryor
RB: J. Charles, Chris Johnson, D. Sproles, Ben Tate, Willis McGahee
WR:J. Nelson, A. Boldin, J. Gordon, P. Harvin, H. Douglas, T. Williams
TE: J. Witten, J. Cameron
K: G. Hartley
DEF: Chiefs
beastykato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 32)

Postby xotoxi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:01 am

I'd probably go with Garcon. Dallas has too many options.

Help?
viewtopic.php?p=3457701#p3457701

viewtopic.php?p=3457702#p3457702
xotoxi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mizou » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 am

I'm waiting on Garcon to see how he practices throughout the week. If it's limited, or has any sort of hang-up, I'd bench him even if he plays. Austin is much more removed from his injury than Garcon is. If Garcon practices well, start him no doubt.

Help me out? viewtopic.php?t=519745
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby BigFin13 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 am

Garcon has a foot injury and I'm not too often keen on WR's with injuries to their feet. Both H.Nicks & M. Colston are coming off weeks in which they were trying to work through foot injuries and they both were rarely targeted by their QB's. I like Miles Austin, despite sharing receptions with D.Bryant, J. Witten, and now the much feared & highly infamous K.Olgletree, lol. Why? Because when he's healthy (and I believe he is almost there again) he is the Cowboys craftiest WR. He's the smartest one, he runs the best routes on the team, and Tony Romo knows it. He's just plain reliable. I'd roll with Austin here. Even if Garcon has little issue with his new found injury, Shanny's offense is always a bit unpredictable and RGIII is still a rookie who WILL make plenty of mistakes this year. Tred carefully on the Skins despite all the media hype.

Thanks for helping me! ;-D
BigFin13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BabyArm79 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:49 am

It was just an injury to the top of his foot...should be nothing major.
BabyArm79
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 am

I have both WR and am in a similar dilemma.

Righ now, I have Austin in.

If garçon seems like he Is ok and gonna start, I'd switch it just because I like the matchup with st Louis better than I do Seattle.

So.... Garçon if he is gonna play md doesn't have any injury concerns.

help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=519708&p=3457843#p3457843
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby allando » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

Garcon if he ends up playing, I think it's a better matchup. If not, you'll be ok with Austin.
allando
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby jay0582 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

without the blown coverage ( assuming he woulda have been tackled shortly after the point of catch on that td) garcon would have had something like 4 catches for 35 yards and no tds last week... I know miles didnt have a big game either wand without his once catch it would have a rather lackluster performance, but I would go with miles personally

edit : I didnt realize garcon didnt play the last 3 quarters of the game... maybe roll with garcon then!! but its close
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench