When does post season officially begin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When does post season officially begin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When does post season officially begin?

Postby Impartial Commish » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:38 pm

When does the post season in the NFL officially begin? Does it begin after the last second rolls off the clock in the final regular season game (typically the Monday night game) or does it begin at kickoff of the beginning of the first game of the post season?

I ask because I commission a league and in our rules we state "No post season drop/adds are permitted." This is done for several reasons but primarily to prevent those whom have lost out on the playoffs from dropping players that can be utilized by other teams. I could interpret the rule either way but I want to mirror the NFL as much as possible.

If I have posted in the wrong forum I apologize. This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post.
Impartial Commish

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:32 am

I'm not so sure this is clearly defined by the NFL rules - does anybody know?

In any case, I think the best way to ensure that the rule actually serves the intended purpose is to reformulate it (with the league's approval) to state that as soon as a team has been eliminated, regardless of the timing, it may no longer add or drop players.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk